Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Ok I am Upper Sixth so about to leave sixth form. There is a girl in my year who lives in the same town as me and we get the bus to sixth form together. I didn't have feelings for her until very recently when I realised how similar we are, (liking the same music, films and having the same hobbies) and also how jealous I felt when I thought she may be in a relationship with someone else. My main issue is that in about 5 months I'll be at uni and she'll be on a gap year, therefore I am unsure what to do? To go for it or leave it as friends?

leave it as friends, it'll get messy otherwise

(Original post by Anonymous)
    leave it as friends, it'll get messy otherwise
    I don't usually like to get involved, but I kinda disagree.

Try talking to her and getting to know her more and becoming better friends (like facebook or in person) see if there is a good enough reason to risk a relationship, THEN worry about the future. Also, kinda another person involved here, how do they feel about this? It also depends what she's doing after her gap-year, cause I doubt a 3-4 year LDR would work.

Bet this didn't help, but it's worth a shot.

Thanks for the advice. I am slightly worried because I have never had I girlfriend, so I have no idea if she is giving off the right signs e.t.c. I think she'll either go to uni and study history or go into employment and I feel you are right that a LDR will never work!

ReputationRep:
    Don't continue this. Otherwise you will become mentally sick. Say her about your feelings. If she feel for you, good, or not say good bye. Don't act like just friend when you want to be her boy friend. This is call hypocrisy.

Thankyou everyone for your advice. I will reveal my feelings but I have no idea how?!? I was considering a cinema trip or something? (any other ideas would be appreciated).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.