The Student Room Group

Getting funding on second course after dropping out

Hello all!

I need some advice please, as i seem to get a different answer from student loans every time i call them :/

Basically i've completed 2 and 1/2 years of a degree at one university. I left due to a combination of illness and a poor academic record.

I am now attending a different university and approaching the end of my first year. I have received confirmation from student loans that they will only offer me a maintenance loan for next years studies.

Having researched various forums (after receiving g shaky information from student loans directly) it would seem that this would be correct? as you get 4 years of funding, my situation would be 2 1/2+1= 3 1/2.

However, to receive this loan i had to send a letter and evidence of 'compelling circumstances' would i be able to send a similar letter to receive next year's tuition loan?

I'd be greatful for any advice or help!

Thanks!
Reply 1
I have a similar problem. I have international qualifications that are equivalent to HND here in the UK, I'm doing A levels at the moment, and I'm planning to apply to Oxford.

They said that I have a good chance of getting in, however I will be accepted into the first year, which I do not have any problems.

My question is, will I be able to apply for funding?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending