Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Im struggling to find makeup to wear to prom. I have light blue/grey eyes Name:  DSCN0933.jpg
Views: 2268
Size:  506.9 KB

and i will be wearing this dress
    http://www.missydress.co.uk/sleevele...rom-dress.html

My hair is currently a brownish/ginger colour. (sorry the image isnt great!)
    Name:  Snapshot_20130421_2.JPG
Views: 747
Size:  50.6 KB

My accessories will be silver and i wish to bring out my eyes and not my lips for this occasion

any help would be appreciated! thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xhannahdoherty)
    Hi!

Im struggling to find makeup to wear to prom. I have light blue/grey eyes Name:  DSCN0933.jpg

My accessories will be silver and i wish to bring out my eyes and not my lips for this occasion

You're really pretty!

I know this sit is quite busy but the beauty section isn't the biggest part i'm afraid so you may be struggling for responses.
    Have you thought about checking out YouTube? There are tons of beauty gurus on there who do video make-up tutorials including ones for special occasions like prom. Some of the best people include Andrea's choice, Tanya Burr, Zoella, pixiewoo, BeautyCrush and a sprinkle of glitter. Check them out. Once you're on their YouTube page and click to see their videos there should be a little search box. So you could either go through their videos for inspiration of your own or use the word 'prom' in the search box to filter things.

Hope you have a great prom :grin:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .:Twilight:.)
    You're really pretty!

I know this sit is quite busy but the beauty section isn't the biggest part i'm afraid so you may be struggling for responses.
    Have you thought about checking out YouTube? There are tons of beauty gurus on there who do video make-up tutorials including ones for special occasions like prom. Some of the best people include Andrea's choice, Tanya Burr, Zoella, pixiewoo, BeautyCrush and a sprinkle of glitter. Check them out. Once you're on their YouTube page and click to see their videos there should be a little search box. So you could either go through their videos for inspiration of your own or use the word 'prom' in the search box to filter things.

Hope you have a great prom :grin:
    haha thank you! i'll definitely do that thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I can only concur with the above post.

Just wanted to comment and say that your dress (and yourself, for that matter) is absolutely beautiful!

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

your eyes are gorgeous! I would defintiely suggest looking at 'Tanya Burr' on youtube, she does 'celebrity make up tutorials' but they are always really achievable! I've got this one bookmarked for my year 13 prom in a month :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VNh11l7WI

but have a look around her videos, she's a professional make up artist :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laylarose)
    I can only concur with the above post.

Just wanted to comment and say that your dress (and yourself, for that matter) is absolutely beautiful!
    ahh thank you so much! means a lot :')!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alice269)
    your eyes are gorgeous! I would defintiely suggest looking at 'Tanya Burr' on youtube, she does 'celebrity make up tutorials' but they are always really achievable! I've got this one bookmarked for my year 13 prom in a month :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VNh11l7WI

but have a look around her videos, she's a professional make up artist :-)
    Thank you! okay, i will definitely look at that, thank you for your help!

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering has your prom dress been delivered yet? i ordered one from this website and it hasn't come yet and it wont let me contact them or track my dress? reply pls x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophmarie)
    I was just wondering has your prom dress been delivered yet? i ordered one from this website and it hasn't come yet and it wont let me contact them or track my dress? reply pls x
    No, it says it has been shipped but its still in the shipping time for me

ReputationRep:
    My dress arrived today I didnt receive a tracking number so dont worry! I ordered on the 11th of may

ReputationRep:
    Beautiful dress! And you're very pretty I think natural is the best look for prom personally, as in subtle makeup. That's what I did for mine anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    Beautiful dress! And you're very pretty I think natural is the best look for prom personally, as in subtle makeup. That's what I did for mine anyway
    Thank you very much! and thank you for the reply Yes, i was thinking natural makeup, just trying to get as natural as i can but still bring out my eyes!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much! and thank you for the reply Yes, i was thinking natural makeup, just trying to get as natural as i can but still bring out my eyes!
    Oh yeah definitely, since you have super bright eyes that won't be too hard! I'd just go with some eyeliner maybe, I find eyeshadow can be OTT for my eyes personally!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can never go wrong with a heavy smokey eye and pale lips!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Woaaaah I love the dress :gasp:

My eyes are a similar colour to yours. To bring them out, I'd recommend a smoky eye - there are lots of tutorials on YouTube for this. Adding a touch of deep gold or brown really makes the blue "pop", too.

I personally love making it quite dark and dramatic with an eyeliner flick etc, but I saw you mentioned in another reply that you ideally want to keep it quite natural. In that case, I suggest sticking to deep brown kohl, which you can smudge along the lashline for a subtle look that will really bring out your blue eyes.

Something like... this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...os%3B280%3B170

The Body Shop do a really great set of four gold-brown shimmer cubes which will help you to achieve this look (I have it and it's lovely!). Use a soft brush to sweep the lightest colour all over your eye, right up to your browbone, then use the darker colours as you go further outwards.

Alternatively, you could use the set of grey-silver cubes in the same way - would tie in with the silver detailing on the dress.

ReputationRep:
    oh okay thats good! i was just worried because i thought the website was not real, is your dress exactly the same as it looked in the picture on the site? im scared mine might be horrible material to what its like in the photo xx

ReputationRep:
    HI,

your dress is lovely, to bring out your eyes i think you should have a black and silver smoky eye https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...69601906607901 as blue eye make up might clash with the green dress.
    hope this helps x

have a happy prom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilmissshady)
    You can never go wrong with a heavy smokey eye and pale lips!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you, im considering it along with a natural look too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilie18)
    Woaaaah I love the dress :gasp:

My eyes are a similar colour to yours. To bring them out, I'd recommend a smoky eye - there are lots of tutorials on YouTube for this. Adding a touch of deep gold or brown really makes the blue "pop", too.

I personally love making it quite dark and dramatic with an eyeliner flick etc, but I saw you mentioned in another reply that you ideally want to keep it quite natural. In that case, I suggest sticking to deep brown kohl, which you can smudge along the lashline for a subtle look that will really bring out your blue eyes.

Something like... this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=e...os%3B280%3B170

The Body Shop do a really great set of four gold-brown shimmer cubes which will help you to achieve this look (I have it and it's lovely!). Use a soft brush to sweep the lightest colour all over your eye, right up to your browbone, then use the darker colours as you go further outwards.

Alternatively, you could use the set of grey-silver cubes in the same way - would tie in with the silver detailing on the dress.

Thank you very very much! It was very helpful, and i will definitely try out the smoky eye look with the dress and try a more natural look - see which goes best!

ReputationRep:
    oh okay thats good! i was just worried because i thought the website was not real, is your dress exactly the same as it looked in the picture on the site? im scared mine might be horrible material to what its like in the photo xx
    I got worried too but its because its relatively new it has a few flaws in the website! Yep, it more of a green/blue but other than that exactly as the picture i wouldnt worry about it!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.