Davelittle
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Sorry if this is in the wrong place :confused;

Just wondering how it ranks against cambridge, oxford, imperial, durham and warwick really in terms of "prestigiousness"
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bath is a 'good' Uni. It is especially good at Engineering and other Technical subjects. It also has a reputation as a Uni focused on sport. BUT, dont get hung up on League Tables or 'prestige'. It wont tell you if you will enjoy a particular course or not.
Meat is Murder
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Why are you putting Warwick in that list op? Honestly I would like to know.

Other than the big 5, every uni varies in strength depending on the subject. So Bath is very very good for some subjects, but less good for others, the same as nearly all unis.
Davelittle
Rep:
?
(Original post by Meat is Murder)
Why are you putting Warwick in that list op? Honestly I would like to know.

Other than the big 5, every uni varies in strength depending on the subject. So Bath is very very good for some subjects, but less good for others, the same as nearly all unis.
Because Warwick is a uni that graduate employers headhunt from (due to their emphasis on science/maths/engineering)
Davelittle
Rep:
?
(Original post by returnmigrant)
Bath is a 'good' Uni. It is especially good at Engineering and other Technical subjects. It also has a reputation as a Uni focused on sport. BUT, dont get hung up on League Tables or 'prestige'. It wont tell you if you will enjoy a particular course or not.
Ok thanks!
Prospective UK
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Davelittle)
Sorry if this is in the wrong place :confused;

Just wondering how it ranks against cambridge, oxford, imperial, durham and warwick really in terms of "prestigiousness"
It depends which one you refer to. Uni of Bath is a prestigious but Bath Spa isn't though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Prospective UK)
It depends which one you refer to. Uni of Bath is a prestigious but Bath Spa isn't though.
Bath Spa is a 'good' Uni for a wide variety of creative arts courses. That is the subject area it focuses on - and excels at.
bekylouisex3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Bath is a very good university seeing as it is less than 50 years old! It is currently ranked 3rd in the UK on the Sunday Times League table and was voted University of the year 2011/2012. Sorry I'm a little biased

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nearvan
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bekylouisex3)
Bath is a very good university seeing as it is less than 50 years old! It is currently ranked 3rd in the UK on the Sunday Times League table and was voted University of the year 2011/2012. Sorry I'm a little biased

Posted from TSR Mobile
Seconded.

Also, i'm a new student so i would go as far as saying that prestigiousness is a criteria which really depends on the field of study. Although bath is a reputed university; top ranked, high graduate rate, head hunters etc.. What really got me hooked is the environment and infrastructure. Bath is a beautiful city, calm and green. Its brilliant in terms of campus life for studies and although on top of the hill, it isnt far from city center which i love about it. Moreover, they have amazing sports facilities and new amenities. To top it all, an amazing SU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
dina halawani
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is bath a good university for management? in terms of teaching and employment
University of Bath
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dina halawani)
is bath a good university for management? in terms of teaching and employment
Hey dina halawani,

Thanks for your question

I'm in my final year of the Management degree at Bath so hopefully I can share a bit about my experience!

- The lecturers are very passionate about their subject areas here. Naturally, you will probably prefer some teaching styles over others but on the whole the lecturers all very supportive (respond to emails very quickly, happy to meet you in their office hours, answer questions at the end of lectures etc.) - one thing I found a bit harder to adjust to is that you are not given as much direction at university as at school, but if you ask, they are very happy to help

- You can do a placement year. This is a great way to boost your employability because you'll have 12 months work experience before you even graduate! It's also a really good way to practise cover letters, interviews, assessment centres etc. whilst you still have support at the uni. Finally, it gives you a chance to earn some money during your studies.

- Aside from the dedicated Management placements team, there is the Careers Service who email us weekly with employment events on during the week. For example, some companies come to campus to host presentations, you can sign up to workshops e.g. interview workshops and they also offer 1:1 appointments.

I hope this helps, if you have any more questions just quote me!

Alice,
Final Year Management Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (256)
33.82%
No (501)
66.18%

Watched Threads