The Student Room Group
africa
MIght anyone know of Sciences Po in Paris and now what it is like to study there.... they do social sciences and business. Thanks.

They have a collaboration with LSEand have some kind of joint degree..I'm not sure of the details. They are generally regarded as the big deal institution in French social science..
Reply 2
A friend of mine really wants to go there. But that's all I've heard. She's awfully excited about it though.
Reply 3
africa
MIght anyone know of Sciences Po in Paris and now what it is like to study there.... they do social sciences and business. Thanks.

If you haven't already checked it out, have look at http://istudy.iagora.com/Sciences_Po_Paris/reviews.html - a lot of international students who've studied there have written up their verdict.
Reply 4
africa

Hey af, SciencesPo is like the oxbridge in paris for social and political studies. And about just as hard to get in.. Do realize it´s not really "open" to foreign students and there are no classes in english. Also note that it does not work with a Bachelor/master system but a socalled ´cycles´. And there is no real financial help for students in france. Which all in all makes it a really tough nut to crack, even for french students. They all have to spend like two years of preparatory classes to be considered for admissions, which includes an entrance exam (and very often an interview) for all applicants by the way! Also they really have a ´dossier´ fetish. which means that it really works for you when your dad is high up in the french government or public service.
Don´t be discouraged tough! where there is a will, the is a way! I hope this helps! grtz,

martin

Latest

Trending

Trending