Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hey Guys I really need help on something!

So I will get straight to the point. I have a lot of exams this summer so I felt like my bf could be a distraction. I love him a lot but I can't dedicate all of my time to him so I explained everything to him and he said it was okay. But i feel really guilty because his parents abandoned him when he was little and they live in another country so he lives with his cousins, he still haven't forgiven his parents and he always says i am the only person he has in his life. He is 20 and he still hasn't got over the fact that his parents left him and I guess I don't want him to feel that I am leaving him and that I don't love him. I feel like i made a mistake but I don't want to fail in my exams. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    tell him exams are important to you right now and he needs to respect that and im sure he will understand as most people have had the stress of exams. explain that you still care for him and that in this small period of time you need to focus on exams. dont completely block him out or anything just reduce the time you spend talking to him untill you get the things done that you need to. he will appreciate you more for doing that rather than suffering in silence. hope this helps and good luck! <3

Yeah thank you

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.