Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,
    I'm currently trying to figure out the what I want to do next in my career, i currently work as a pricing researcher analyst for a car company and think an assistant buyer could be the next step (not for a good few months but just planning). Does anyone have any experience as a buyer that would be able to give me more of an insight to it? Did you enjoy it + what did you enjoy? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Being a 'buyer' is a very broad term. t certainly won't harm your career to go down that path as people often move between buying and sales roles. (They are after all two sides of the same coin.)

A buyer has to meet with suppliers, forecast sales and monitor and optimise internal sales performance. It can be quite a pressurised role and there's lots of negotiation and internal politics. The money can be good but the hours tend to be long and the stress levels high. Doing an assistant buyer's job would be a good way to see what the buyer's job is like as you'd be working closely with the buyer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.