Define by . Define . Assuming C is an order basis for . Construst the change of co-ordinates matrix, A, that converts C-co-ordinates to B-co-ordinates. Compute the inverse of A.
Please help! I just need to understand how to do this kind of question for my Linear Algebra exam but I have absolutely no clue.
x Turn on thread page Beta
Change of co-ordinates matrix. watch
- Thread Starter
- 15-05-2013 22:11
- 16-05-2013 00:16
Specify what it is that you don't know:
1) Do you know what is? (...and did you mean to say or are you just confused?)
2) Do you know what an (ordered) basis is?
3) Do you know what a change of basis matrix is and what it does?
4) Do you know what the ordered basis is? (I am assuming it is the standard basis for unless you were given something otherwise)
5) Do you know what the inverse of a matrix is?
6) Do you know what the inverse of a change of basis matrix is?
7) Do you know how to invert a matrix in general?