The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
[INDENT] Applying - (BA Hons) International Business / Marketing --> OFFER! :smile:
Age - I'll be 20 when i start
Accommodation - Definitely the halls for the first year, but not sure which one?!
[/INDENT]
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 121
Original post by julia_92
Applying - (BA Hons) International Business / Marketing --> OFFER! :smile:
Age - I'll be 20 when i start
Accommodation - Definitely the halls for the first year, but not sure which one?!

Hey I've applied for that too, im putting daisy bank first then oxford:smile:
Reply 122
Original post by Gyaladem
Hey I've applied for that too, im putting daisy bank first then oxford:smile:

Yay :smile:
I've thought about Cambridge or Cavendish, but I'm not too happy with 2 showers for 10 people..
Daisy Bank isn't really in the center isn't it?
Original post by christinasot
Thankss! Yeah.. MMU is my first choice so now that i have it i don't care about my other offers. I got conditionals from all my other Unis but i wanted mmu! What course are you gonna do?:smile:

I applied to do physiology, not sure about accommodation though, what about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cliffardo
Still waiting for an offer for environmental science ! applied well over a month ago

Don't worry, it took them bloody ages to reply to me too.
It's a good course, fairly ecology based in the first year (not really my thing, might be yours though :smile:) but it's a lot of fun! Most of the staff are brilliant.
Reply 125
Had my interview for adult nursing yesterday - just received a rejection. Guess I won't be seeing any of you guys in sept :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just received an Unconditional to study Law today, really looking forward to September now :smile: just have to get this stupid student finance sorted out why do they have to make the site so complicated
Reply 127
Just been asked to send copies of my certificates, swear this usually happens when you've already got an offer. Might be a sign that a offers on the way hahah
Reply 128
Original post by julia_92
Yay :smile:
I've thought about Cambridge or Cavendish, but I'm not too happy with 2 showers for 10 people..
Daisy Bank isn't really in the center isn't it?

Nope its not but its the most decent one with all ensuit rooms for a good price
Original post by Gyaladem
Heyi jst wanted to know if all saints students apply for daisy bank halls?

you can apply for any halls, and i think they all have buses to all the campuses so it doesn't really matter xx
Reply 130
Original post by olivetree7
you can apply for any halls, and i think they all have buses to all the campuses so it doesn't really matter xx

Great thanks!
Original post by Tashianna
it wasn't scary at all :smile: i would advise knowing a bit about the course and showing that your enthusiastic about different aspects of what you'll be doing etc. they just ask you a few questions as a group and then they ask you to quiz one other person about themselves and tell the rest of the group the answers, classic team building sort of stuff. then we had a task to make a still image that represented a word they gave us using the people and objects that were in the room. the words were like "happy" or "argument" and you just had to ask everyone to move around to create a scenario then you took a picture. in the one on one interview at the end you were asked why you wanted to do the course and then if you had any questions, for this bit i would recommend having a few questions to ask about the course as i didn't prepare any and felt like a bit of an idiot making them up on the spot. good luck :smile: have you had any other offers? where else have you applied for?

To be fair right that sounds like a fun interview :') i got my interview for the film making course next week so if this is anything to go buy should go fine! All my other interviews have been so boring :/
Reply 132
Original post by Amyleighinfinity
Move had my interview in jan, and recieved a conditional offer!

Turns out i got rejected... haha.
Reply 133
Original post by cliffardo
Just been asked to send copies of my certificates, swear this usually happens when you've already got an offer. Might be a sign that a offers on the way hahah

They asked me to send copies of my certificates to them just before christmas and they emailed me mid Jan to let me know they received everything and that they'll be in touch in due course.
I know that the deadlines for all university offers is the end of March, so hoping that no news is good news!
I mean, why ask for copies of our certificates if they aren't going to make an offer?

I have an unconditional offer from Salford which I'm really happy about, but MMU is my first choice, so still holding out for this one. Eeeek!

What course have you applied for?
Reply 134
Original post by Kirsty_83
They asked me to send copies of my certificates to them just before christmas and they emailed me mid Jan to let me know they received everything and that they'll be in touch in due course.
I know that the deadlines for all university offers is the end of March, so hoping that no news is good news!
I mean, why ask for copies of our certificates if they aren't going to make an offer?

I have an unconditional offer from Salford which I'm really happy about, but MMU is my first choice, so still holding out for this one. Eeeek!

What course have you applied for?

Oh cool I'm not the only one then, yea I would of thought they would just reject you straight away if your not getting a offer.

When did you apply I only applied in January and have offers from all my other unis ?

Its either here or Portsmouth for environmental science, really want to go Manchester though the cities so much bigger and better
Hi got an offer from mmu to study Fashion buying and merchandising BA hons 2013. Just wondering who else is going to study this course in September?? :smile:
Reply 136
I applied on the 12 September!!! Yeah....I was really keen to get my application in as early as possible, but it seems that the earlier I put it in, the longer I'm waiting! :frown:
I received my offer from Salford mid Jan and I was rejected from University of Manchester in November and now MMU is killing me with the wait.
Just hoping that all the wait is going to be worth it.

I've applied for Psychology - I was actually at MMU back in 2006 but due to personal circumstances I had to leave after only 5 months. SO....6 years and several different career moves later, I've realised that my passion IS Psychology. Can't wait to get started now.
Reply 137
Original post by Kirsty_83
I applied on the 12 September!!! Yeah....I was really keen to get my application in as early as possible, but it seems that the earlier I put it in, the longer I'm waiting! :frown:
I received my offer from Salford mid Jan and I was rejected from University of Manchester in November and now MMU is killing me with the wait.
Just hoping that all the wait is going to be worth it.

I've applied for Psychology - I was actually at MMU back in 2006 but due to personal circumstances I had to leave after only 5 months. SO....6 years and several different career moves later, I've realised that my passion IS Psychology. Can't wait to get started now.

That's a long time !! I thought my wait was long haha MMU like stressing us out. Got an email today saying they revived my certificates it also said " Please check UCAS Track within the coming days for an update on your application" so hopefully I'll get a response soon.

Good luck on getting your offer and hope it all goes well this time around!
Reply 138
Just out of interest did anyone who was offered an unconditional for MMU get asked to send away copies of qualification certificates?
Reply 139
conditional for animal behaviour. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending