Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I have an interview for the primary pgce at the uni of manchester next friday (24th May - late entry as I spent a year in Korea ) I've been searching like mad trying to find information and help to prepare and the stuff I have found on here in particular has been brilliant.

The reason I'm posting is because I haven't been able to find anything specific about the tests we have to do on the interview day. Specifically the maths tests.

The email said study up to level 6 and I've been practising BBC Bitesize and other GCSE related websites but can anyone offer specific info? For example, were you asked to do quadratic equations/simultaneous equations/fractions/box and whisker diagrams etc.

Any help at all would be much appreciated as I have always been weakest in maths and it's really worrying me that I might prepare for the wrong type of questions.

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I will be at this interview too, and am very nervous. I have just done what you have, used BBC Bitesize and looked at past KS3 SATS papers (which looked easier than I expected). Its just practice, practice, practice I think, to get your head used to thinking in maths. It's the presentation that's giving me anxiety dreams!
    Look forward to meeting you Friday...Good Luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 22, 2013
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.