Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hellooooo,
    I was just wondering what you guys think the 'steer' will be on friday?

Any suggestions would help

ReputationRep:
    Social tension maybe? Or Culture

ReputationRep:
    Is it really possible to predict the steer for something like English? How many texts have you all revised?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas95)
    Ahh I really hope its culture. That would be amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Is it really possible to predict the steer for something like English? How many texts have you all revised?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have looked at all the practice Qs in the revision book and some past Qs too x

ReputationRep:
    Hey thereeeeee,

Isn't this Abi Croker's twinnnyy? I'm at her school :P Emma
    Fancy seeing you on here!!
    I'm doing Lit tomorrow and reckon the focus on the Gatsby debate kinda question could be Daisy as she's not come up before
    And just generally linking the Great Gatsby to the American dream etc is good stuff too
    Good luck!
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas95)
    Hope it's social tension, The Sweet Menu is the nicest text I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also does anyone know what the Jan 2013 question was?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiannon Croker)
    I have looked at all the practice Qs in the revision book and some past Qs too x
    I was just wondering if you have the revision book handy and could PM me some of the questions if you have time - I bought one in November but I accidently bought the one for the Transport anthology - would love to have a look at some extra practice questions tonight? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    Hope it's social tension, The Sweet Menu is the nicest text I think.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know that would be such a good text especially if we compared it to text 2, even texts 20 and 21 would work well

(Original post by al0)
    Also does anyone know what the Jan 2013 question was?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think it was something like compare the two texts where food is personal to the writer (or something along the lines of that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas95)
    I know that would be such a good text especially if we compared it to text 2, even texts 20 and 21 would work well

I think it was something like compare the two texts where food is personal to the writer (or something along the lines of that)
    That sounds like a nice question, I'm hoping for something about food as disgusting (but that's already been up) or something about culture or individual experiences. Really want to be able to use Modest Proposal or one of the poems for the question if I can - find them the easiest texts to talk about

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yas95)

Thank you very much! I wish we could get such a nice question! I would love something that I can fit the importance of being earnest or the sweet menu in.

Good luck everybody!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What did you all think? What texts did you choose? I really did not like the steer at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I chose texts 3 the sweet menu and text 19 I think. Struggled on the steer tbh, panicked and didn't really structure my essay :confused::confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychick101)
    Hey thereeeeee,

Isn't this Abi Croker's twinnnyy? I'm at her school :P Emma
    Fancy seeing you on here!!
    I'm doing Lit tomorrow and reckon the focus on the Gatsby debate kinda question could be Daisy as she's not come up before
    And just generally linking the Great Gatsby to the American dream etc is good stuff too
    Good luck!
    x
    HAHAHA THATS CRAZY. How did you find your exam?
    Hahaha this is so wierd. I'm going to have to tell abo when she gets home. :L
    xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by al0)
    What did you all think? What texts did you choose? I really did not like the steer at all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heyy I was quite lucky as my teacher had set a 'family gathering' which basically is a social occasion and I got a good grade in my practice, but obviously with the pressure it was no where near as good... soo fingers crossed it will be okay! I compared the family transcript with little grey rabbit.
    Hope you all do swell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhiannon Croker)
    HAHAHA THATS CRAZY. How did you find your exam?
    Hahaha this is so wierd. I'm going to have to tell abo when she gets home. :L
    xxxxxxxxx
    Hmmm it was kinda weird actually like the exam was strange don't cha think?? I really can't tell how it went! How about you??
    Hehe xxxxxxxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazychick101)
    Hmmm it was kinda weird actually like the exam was strange don't cha think?? I really can't tell how it went! How about you??
    Hehe xxxxxxxxx
    ahh yes but becauseee of my teacher I found it alight. But i say that and looked back over my practices and was AWFUL :L ahahaa and the unseen was a bit rubbish but OK. xxxxxxxxxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.