Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I'm currently in my first year studying Drama at a University of London uni. (entry requirements ABB)
    I've spoken with my tutors and I can change to English & Drama next year (2nd year) if I get a mid 2.1
    I really want to study English & Philosophy.
    I know people have transferred to other university of london universities.
    What do you think would be the chances of university of london uni (e.g. Kings) allowing me into 2nd year to do English & Philosophy?
    I've very passionate about studying this subject. I don't want to spend another 9 grand redoing first year.
    • PS Helper

    PS Helper
    Well it really depends Some universities are more willing to accept transfers. Many universities use first year to build up a foundation of knowledge that will be needed in the 2nd and 3rd years. If you have not done their first year course, you might not have the necessary knowledge. If there is space on the course, you fit the grade requirements and there is enough overlap between your current course and theirs then it is possible they will consider a transfer.

    Really the best way to find out is to contact the departments of other universities.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.