Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Results rounded up or down? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I have a question regarding IB results. If I got a 49.6% in subject and the border for a four was 50.0%, would my overall grade be rounded up to four or would I end up getting a three?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Egos)
    Hi guys!

I have a question regarding IB results. If I got a 49.6% in subject and the border for a four was 50.0%, would my overall grade be rounded up to four or would I end up getting a three?

Thanks.
    You would end up getting a 3.

(Numbers below are fictional)
    E.g. To get a 4, say you need 120/240 marks - that is 50%
    If you get 119/240 marks - that is 49.6% (freakily similar to your example above )

However, you need 120 marks to get a 4- which just happens to be 50%. It is the mark itself that is important - & marks themselves cannot be rounded up/down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lionheartat20)
    You would end up getting a 3.

(Numbers below are fictional)
    E.g. To get a 4, say you need 120/240 marks - that is 50%
    If you get 119/240 marks - that is 49.6% (freakily similar to your example above )

However, you need 120 marks to get a 4- which just happens to be 50%. It is the mark itself that is important - & marks themselves cannot be rounded up/down
    I see now! Thanks a lot! Kinda bad news though.. but its ok

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.