Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How Many People Were Born A Caesarean? Watch

• View Poll Results: Which Way Were You Born?
    I was born naturally
    46.00%
    I was born a caesarean
    50.00%
    Don't know
    4.00%

ReputationRep:
    I was just curious to know who on here, if you know the way in which you were born, were a caesarean instead of conventional birth?

ReputationRep:
    I probably should have phrased the title 'Were you born a caesarean' instead.....

ReputationRep:
    I was

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I was born naturally, but would have my kids by ceserean if I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    I was born naturally, but would have my kids by ceserean if I can.
    Any reason why? The recovery time from a Cesarean is around 3x as long as a natural birth...

Edit: My daughter, my other half and I were all born naturally

ReputationRep:
    I was born by caesarean

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanM)
    Any reason why? The recovery time from a Cesarean is around 3x as long as a natural birth...

Edit: My daughter, my other half and I were all born naturally
    1) Anxiety about giving birth the 'normal' way. I already have anxiety problems and I don't think it would be healthy for me to get so worked up about it
    2) I have bipolar, and everyone in my family has had post natal depression, which puts me at a massive risk for getting it, and in bipolar women it's more dangerous usually. Planning the date would enable me to plan with my therapist whether to start medication as a preventative measure and how regularly to have appointments.
    3) I have endometriosis and the pain is horriffic, and if giving birth is anything like that I'd rather have a cesarean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrion_Lannister)
    1) Anxiety about giving birth the 'normal' way. I already have anxiety problems and I don't think it would be healthy for me to get so worked up about it
    2) I have bipolar, and everyone in my family has had post natal depression, which puts me at a massive risk for getting it, and in bipolar women it's more dangerous usually. Planning the date would enable me to plan with my therapist whether to start medication as a preventative measure and how regularly to have appointments.
    3) I have endometriosis and the pain is horriffic, and if giving birth is anything like that I'd rather have a cesarean.
    Ah, OK. Thanks for the reply. A well informed decision then! I was expecting a "too posh to push answer" sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanM)
    Ah, OK. Thanks for the reply. A well informed decision then! I was expecting a "too posh to push answer" sorry
    Don't apologise, it's fine That's why I support elective cesareans, for some people it is a 'safer' option in their circumstances. Obviously some people just want them for the sake of it but I think most people who want them usually want them for anxiety based reasons

ReputationRep:
    I was a caesarean because my mum physically cannot give birth. She has no pituitary gland so doesn't produce the hormones necessary for labour. In particular oxytocin. Also because of other health complications she has.

ReputationRep:
    Planned caesarean.

ReputationRep:
    I was an unplanned C Section because I was facing completely the wrong way (feet first and facing the wrong way as well). I had to have physio on my feet for months after I was born because of how they were stuck after being the wrong way for so long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    I don't think we should allow c-sections. They're clearly unnatural. That or they should be classified as something slightly different from a "real" birth, because it doesn't involve the normal "man inseminate woman, baby comes out" thingy.

(Clearly, I don't have anything against c-sections. More of a pointed remark at Kiss's quite homophobic views)

My mum physically cannot give birth... they only found out she was pregnant during brain surgery... and it was the brain surgery they ****ed up and made her unable to give birth..
    So was I supposed to just sit there in her womb, wait a while then just stroll out of her vagina?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANONYM00SE)
    My mum physically cannot give birth... they only found out she was pregnant during brain surgery... and it was the brain surgery they ****ed up and made her unable to give birth..
    So was I supposed to just sit there in her womb, wait a while then just stroll out of her vagina?
    It's worthwhile re-reading my post (especially the bit in brackets... at the end)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MostUncivilised)
    It's worthwhile re-reading my post (especially the bit in brackets... at the end)
    I did read the brackets part. Just didn't believe it whole heartedly haha

ReputationRep:
    I was born by section as was my brother because my mum didnt go in to labour for some reason. My own children were also born by section because I cannot physically deliver a baby, something that was only discovered a couple of years after my last baby was born. It turns out that if I had tried to give birth I would have haemmoredged and both myself and my baby would have died.My first baby was born after an emergency section and my second baby was born after a planned section.

ReputationRep:
    Born 2 months premature and 18 years on I'm still tiny!

ReputationRep:
    Yup, I was in distress, so the surgeon(s) had to cut my mum up as an emergency. Luckily, my aunt used to be a nurse at the time and she was with my mum in the hospital (who was expecting me at any time), and my aunt noticed that something was wrong on the monitor, so she called one of the nurses, who then paged the surgeons, who had to stop halfway through their dinner and rush to the operating theatre!

ReputationRep:
    i was cuz i was a huge babby

Born naturally but I have had two emergency c sections with my children

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 20, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.