Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I have exactly two weeks until the exam that will decide my future, and as ever I wish I had an extra week. I am in the nice position of needing to cram as much information in as possible, whilst being able to think about my health and sleeping patterns later.

On another thread someone said it was impossible to do a hundred hour week. If I''m ever going to challenge myself it's now. So WHO'S WITH ME????

Rules

- You have from midnight on a day you choose (for me, tonight), until the following week's midnight to complete a hundred hours of work.

- This is 14-15 hours a day, so you have ten hours to eat and sleep.

- This is clearly impossible without breaks, so you can break for a maximum of 10 minutes out of every hour (which you can save up if things are going well). Call this an 80 hour week if you like - it's still pretty awesome.

- Caffeine is your friend (but I accept no liability for side effects). However, with good planning you ought not to need it.

Feel free to log your progress each day. It's probably a bit late for A-level students, but not for a lot of universities.

So.

It takes DISCIPLINE.

COURAGE.

A MILD SENSE OF DYSPHORIA.

But WHO WANTS TO TAKE UP THE CHALLENGE???

P.S. If a hundred hours is too much, feel free to set a lower target. I could always do with the company

ReputationRep:
    Game on. In the spirit of my work ethic this year I'll start this tomorrow...

ReputationRep:
    And how many much out of this 100 hour week is spent checking this thread? >: )

ReputationRep:
    I'm in, caffeine effects are wearing off fast but I'm managing to stay awake

My problem is that I have an exam every day next week, but I generally always do all nighters before every one. But then after each exam, I'm gonna have to revise for the next one, so I'm only gonna be able to nap for like 2 hours or so each day. Is this going to **** me up by the end of the week? Is it even possible?

ReputationRep:
    Ain't no body got time for that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bertstare)
    I'm in, caffeine effects are wearing off fast but I'm managing to stay awake

My problem is that I have an exam every day next week, but I generally always do all nighters before every one. But then after each exam, I'm gonna have to revise for the next one, so I'm only gonna be able to nap for like 2 hours or so each day. Is this going to **** me up by the end of the week? Is it even possible?
    Ouch. I probably wouldn't do it during an actual exam week - you're more than welcome to try, but I'm only doing it because I have a week to recover before my exams.

I have absolutely no idea if it's possible (sleeping 2 hours a night, that is), but there's only one way to find out. Don't kill yourself though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    Ouch. I probably wouldn't do it during an actual exam week - you're more than welcome to try, but I'm only doing it because I have a week to recover before my exams.

I have absolutely no idea if it's possible (sleeping 2 hours a night, that is), but there's only one way to find out. Don't kill yourself though.

(Original post by idontknowbye)
    This will not end well, i have experience. During my mocks i went to extreme.lengths to do well like yourself, was such a disastrous result. I could bately keep my eyes open let alone concentraye and my body was ACHING. My back was just...i have no words. Although i wpuld recommend 5/6 hrs of sleep, im always more alert in comparison to when i have the average nine hours. Needless to say, everybody is different
    I'll see how it goes, probably won't be able to do it every night. Either way, next weekend will be heaven like no other

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.