The Student Room Group

Unit 2 Economics - HDI question ? Confusion

Hi

Short q

Was wondering whether the measure of income for HDI is GDP per capita or GNI per capita? My Edexcel book from 2011 says GDP per capita but my teacher says it's been changed to GNI recently. WTF is it actually? Tried to look on past mark schemes for clarification but not one I've found defines HDI.

Clarification would be much appreciated and I would be really grateful :smile:

Personally I think it's GNI but going against the book feels strange :s-smilie:
Reply 1
I've learnt it as Real GDP per Capita :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by yhyungryul
I've learnt it as Real GDP per Capita :smile:

learnt it as GDP per capita too but I'm going to go with GNI per capita because it changed as of 2010. Would think the examiners would still mark GDP per capita as correct but safer to go with GNI per capita I think. I'm going to take the GDP per capita in the book to be a mistake as it mentions that HDI has changed but omits the change from GDP to GNI.
Original post by GrandMasterChe
Hi

Short q

Was wondering whether the measure of income for HDI is GDP per capita or GNI per capita? My Edexcel book from 2011 says GDP per capita but my teacher says it's been changed to GNI recently. WTF is it actually? Tried to look on past mark schemes for clarification but not one I've found defines HDI.

Clarification would be much appreciated and I would be really grateful :smile:

Personally I think it's GNI but going against the book feels strange :s-smilie:

Since 2010 the indicators have changed. GNI per capita is correct, although I've read the examiners report and they've said that candidates who say GDP per capita will be awarded the marks.
Reply 4
Original post by dan94adibi
Since 2010 the indicators have changed. GNI per capita is correct, although I've read the examiners report and they've said that candidates who say GDP per capita will be awarded the marks.

cheers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest