Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys im new here, one of my mates told me to use this place as its very good he said.

Well basically i need help on unit 3 as it's stressing me out. I've managed to get through the design specification. I think the documentation should be no problem. But i need help with the in between section called "implementation & testing". Any ideas people?

Thanks Aj

P.S Teachers a tool, so ain't much help.

ReputationRep:
    Imnplmentation is making your spreadsheet in an application such as excel. During your design spec you should have sketched some designs for your different spreadsheets.

Go onto the internet and type into a search engine "Excel Tutorials" and you will get a range of sites which show you how to use Excel if thats the application you choose to use.

Testing is to make sure the system works properly. TYo get a C or above this needs to be done really well. Write a test plan and check that:
    buttons work
    formulas produce right results (including vlookups and if statements)
    validation works

hope this helps

Regards mr J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj2003)
    Hi guys im new here, one of my mates told me to use this place as its very good he said.

Well basically i need help on unit 3 as it's stressing me out. I've managed to get through the design specification. I think the documentation should be no problem. But i need help with the in between section called "implementation & testing". Any ideas people?

Thanks Aj

P.S Teachers a tool, so ain't much help.
    Implementation is actually making the spreadsheet. Testing is testing all the things you have made in the spreadsheet.

ReputationRep:
    thanx trev for repeating what i said into language which students may be able to understand
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by MrJ)
    thanx trev for repeating what i said into language which students may be able to understand
    MrJ I must remember to give you some positive rep - you are a real credit to this forum and we're all very lucky that you take the time to post here

ReputationRep:
    erm???

not sure thats a positive or negative comment!! Thanks anyway

ReputationRep:
    That was a positive comment.

We are lucky to ahve a real teacher sorting out the ICT problems. As none of us are doing ICT/Computing.

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys,

Cheers for the help and advice, Hopefully i'll get through it with a good grade at the end of it.

Cheers AJ

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.