Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i have an english lit exam on monday and i really need help!!
    REALLY need help with explaining effects and the structure/form etc... im not good at ao2 i can spot a sonnet metaphor etc just the actual explanation/effect
    Any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    To get the top marks you just need to explain how the structure of the poem conveys the main ideas for example the lack of rhyme scheme could show lack of direction etc.
    The same with the novels you can relate the structure to anything really as long as you justify everything

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Claudia_gx)
    To get the top marks you just need to explain how the structure of the poem conveys the main ideas for example the lack of rhyme scheme could show lack of direction etc.
    The same with the novels you can relate the structure to anything really as long as you justify everything
    thanks thats helped quite a lot
    also if you wouldn't mind, could you give me more examples?

ReputationRep:
    Which books are you doing and poems? Im doing to kill a mockingbird, an inspector calls and character and voice.

ReputationRep:
    Which books are you doing and poems? Im doing to kill a mockingbird, an inspector calls and character and voice.
    I'm doing TKAM and AIC also. are you learning quotes off by heart before the exam or are you going to just find quotes in the exam according to the question you get??

ReputationRep:
    im doing an inspector calls and of mice and men

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alibland)
    I'm doing TKAM and AIC also. are you learning quotes off by heart before the exam or are you going to just find quotes in the exam according to the question you get??
    im trying to learn a few important ones (which could be used anywhere) and most of them id have to find in the exam according to the question i get!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emah123)
    i have an english lit exam on monday and i really need help!!
    REALLY need help with explaining effects and the structure/form etc... im not good at ao2 i can spot a sonnet metaphor etc just the actual explanation/effect
    Any help would be appreciated
    Are you sure you have poetry? Books is tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    Are you sure you have poetry? Books is tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    poetry and comparison is on thursday
    but for unit one (which is tomorrow) ao2 is assessed too, i just needed a few examples of methods/structure and form which contribute to writers ideas :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.