Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've only been wearing glasses for about 5 months, so I'm still quite new to them.

At the moment I have my 'spare' pair, the first ones I got which I don't actually like much anymore so only really wear around the house. Then I have a nicer pair which I wear all the time outside and away from the home.

I've found another pair I really like but wonder if its a bit much to just buy a pair of glasses when you already have a pair which are fine?

Does anyone have several pairs that they wear for different days etc?

ReputationRep:
    There's no harm in having more than one set of glasses, always good to have a spare

ReputationRep:
    As you progress through your spectacle wearing career you will find yourself accumulating glasses as the years go on. I currently have around 8 different pairs that I cycle through. Just keep your fingers crossed that your eye-sight doesn't deteriorate too much.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a new one and an old one too.

So got 2. Having more than 2 is lame and silly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnytheFox)
    As you progress through your spectacle wearing career you will find yourself accumulating glasses as the years go on. I currently have around 8 different pairs that I cycle through. Just keep your fingers crossed that your eye-sight doesn't deteriorate too much.
    This - I have three pairs (I've had reading glasses for two years now). The first time I got glasses the woman didn't tell me that the nhs voucher (I was still 17) was compatible with Boots' BOGOF glasses so I got one pair. The year later when my prescription had worsened I got two pairs, one with the glare resistance thing and one without. Because the second pair was free, you see.

So I have the pair with glare resistance on my desk, the pair without lives in my handbag, and the older pair live by my bed for reading there
    Obviously it's different if you put your glasses on at the start of the day and they stay on all day.

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 pairs which I use. 1 for distance only (I use them for night outs and movies). 1. under correction of almost 1 power, I use them during a day when I don't need to see crystal clear. 1 progressive pair which I use mainly for school and 1 reading pair which I use for the computer or prolonged reading.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it's unusual but, maybe because I'm careless with my glasses, I only own one pair currently and these ones are actually in really good condition so I might end up getting a second pair soon. Until this pair I broke glasses with regularity.

As someone who has worn glasses for almost 10 years now I would recommend trying on glasses instore if you can and then looking online because my last two pairs have been designer glasses but they've cost no more than the ones I used to get from Boots or Vision Express(Seriously, no more than £80). I own Raybans now, they have a really sturdy build, look good and they're not cliched yet, like I feel their sunglasses are. The online stores can be a bit difficult to judge their reliability but I've had no problems with a few stores I've used so far. Obviously make sure you get your eyes tested before you buy a new pair. On that note I'm thinking of getting my current glasses reglazed because the optician screwed up my prescription last time and I have the wrong lenses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.