Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm really struggling with what accommodation to pick, my parents think Lord Mayors walk because it works out cheaper with getting my food in but I really want an en-suite so am thinking of city residence, can anyone who stays in these help me out with what they're like to live in? And where's everyone thinking of staying who start this year? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AbbeyThunder)
    Hi, I'm really struggling with what accommodation to pick, my parents think Lord Mayors walk because it works out cheaper with getting my food in but I really want an en-suite so am thinking of city residence, can anyone who stays in these help me out with what they're like to live in? And where's everyone thinking of staying who start this year? Thanks!
    Hiya, I'm starting this year and I think I want to stay in Percy's Lane/Grays Wharf or the new one St John Central, cause I want en-suite too! And I generally thought catered was more expensive, but I could be wrong haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kelsiemarshall)
    Hiya, I'm starting this year and I think I want to stay in Percy's Lane/Grays Wharf or the new one St John Central, cause I want en-suite too! And I generally thought catered was more expensive, but I could be wrong haha!
    Yeah they are really nice. I just can't afford them. That's why I'll have to go for city res if I decide I want en-suite

ReputationRep:
    You do get your food, but its obviously a limited option so if you're fussy don't do Lord Mayors. Most people also end up with TONS of money left over in their food balance at the end of the year, which they buy boxes of chocolate bars etc with. Soo you could argue its not the best option for cheapness if you dont use all the money. It is also SEMI-catered, which means you don't get your evening meal on weekends because the canteen is closed.
    City res is a nice place to live, pretty close to town and uni and pretty modern. But an en-suite isn't necessary. I shared a bathroom in first year and it was totally fine. You'll have to do it in second and third year anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've applied for City Residence as my first choice and I really hope I get it, compared to all of the others it was quite reasonable for an en-suite I've put Limes court as my 2nd, with The Grange as my 3rd and Lord Mayors Walk as my fourth

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Does anyone know if Limes Court is a quiet area to live in? I have put on my accommodation application that i am looking for a lively area but, will prefer to live in limes court as it's my first choice.

I have been accepted to York and will be studying History, fingers crossed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixbon)
    Hi
    I've applied for City Residence as my first choice and I really hope I get it, compared to all of the others it was quite reasonable for an en-suite I've put Limes court as my 2nd, with The Grange as my 3rd and Lord Mayors Walk as my fourth

I went for city res as my first choice too!

ReputationRep:
    I put The Grange as my first! And then City Res, LMW, Limes Court!
    Really hope I get The Grange or City Res!

ReputationRep:
    Grange first choice, city residence second!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    City Res 1st
    Limes 2nd
    Grange 3rd

I feel sorry for anyone getting lumped with Uni Housing at those prices...:giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Hiya!
    ive just applied to live in York St John Central as i like the look of greys wharf/percys lane.
    what is everyone studying? i am doing children young people and families with education studies if i get the grades *fingers crossed* haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nath1194)
    City Res 1st
    Limes 2nd
    Grange 3rd

I feel sorry for anyone getting lumped with Uni Housing at those prices...:giggle:
    The cost of university managed housing will be about the same as it will be for you in second and third year.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know how expensive it is, but in the 2nd and 3rd year I won't be in Uni provided Accommodation.
    I choice my first 3 on being close to the same price as Uni Managed Housing except they include the bills! I wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise.

I don't understand what you're trying to get at? No one, other than you, has mentioned anything about 2nd/3rd year accomm?

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'll be starting this year for Physiotherapy in York St. John and I am completely confused on where to apply for accommodation. My parents don't really seem to mind the cost but I would love to get a place thats between the city and the campus, also where a lot of 1st tend to go. Anyone have any clue? Definitely want a social place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maebh)
    Hey I'll be starting this year for Physiotherapy in York St. John and I am completely confused on where to apply for accommodation. My parents don't really seem to mind the cost but I would love to get a place thats between the city and the campus, also where a lot of 1st tend to go. Anyone have any clue? Definitely want a social place.
    Have you had a look at that map of where everything is located? That was what really helped me. Although I was trying to keep the cost down too. I've put city residence as its cheap and en-suite down as my first choice with Limes Court and Percy's lane as my 2nd and 3rd

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeeva_)
    Hiya!
    ive just applied to live in York St John Central as i like the look of greys wharf/percys lane.
    what is everyone studying? i am doing children young people and families with education studies if i get the grades *fingers crossed* haha!

Hi! I've applied for St. John Central and Grey's Wharf/Percy's Lane as my second choice - hopefully the former is built before we get there!xo

ReputationRep:
    Heya! Does anyone know if Lord Mayor's Walk has Internet access/wifi?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Im in city residence Flat H Also anyone studing children, young people and families

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by callmeeva_)
    Hiya!

hiya im also studying children, young people and families. Nice to see im no the only one

ReputationRep:
    City residence flat Q, studying theology and religious studies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.