Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Next first time winner of the PL? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So who do you think people? How long do you think it would take? I'd say that clubs such as Liverpool, Tottenham & Everton are the most likely tbh

ReputationRep:
    Tottenham look the most likely.

ReputationRep:
    I guess Liverpool would eventually be most likely as they have the infrastructure in place and would be more likely to get the financial backing.
    Other than that I suppose any team that gets Billionaire coming to bank roll them.
    Teams like Spurs in their current position just don't tend to do it, e.g. Newcastle in the late 90s. Even if they miss champions league this year, or if they lose Bale, they are going to struggle to attract the players needed to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal will win a trophy next year!
    They haven't won a trophy since Wigan have been in the PL so now that they are out i'm hoping my beloved Arsenal will win!

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    swansea

ReputationRep:
    Could be anyone! Most likely Liverpool or Spurs.

If they find the money from somehwere there's nothing stopping the likes of Newcastle/Everton/Villa from doing it. Considering City were in the third tier in the late 90's you can't even rule out teams like Leeds and Forest.

ReputationRep:
    Well football did begin in 1992..

ReputationRep:
    Liverpool!

Get hassled so much but we've been the best team that hasn't won the league the whole time, might have been crap but we've been consistent. Newcastle, Leeds Arsenal have been and gone, We're the best team that hasn't won it. I reckon we'll do it next year.

Haha knew this would get negged. I'M BEING SARCASTIC/FUNNY/IRONIC. God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Liverpool!

Get hassled so much but we've been the best team that hasn't won the league the whole time, might have been crap but we've been consistent. Newcastle, Leeds Arsenal have been and gone, We're the best team that hasn't won it. I reckon we'll do it next year.
    We have won it :facepalm2: Just because something has been rebranded doesn't mean it's previous history is disregarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The PL as a brand in itself is arbitrary as the Div 1 trophy still meant 'champions of England'.

But, using the pure definition of 'next team to win the Premier League for the first time', I'd bloody hope it's us.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    The last completely new winners of the top division were Forest in 1977.

(Original post by Jim-Jam)
    Liverpool!

Arsenal have been far more consistent in the Premier League than you have.

ReputationRep:
    The sad truth is that the answer is ''the next club bought out by a sugar daddy''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    The sad truth is that the answer is ''the next club bought out by a sugar daddy''
    You can't do that anymore because of FFP.

So it will be Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    You can't do that anymore because of FFP.

So it will be Tottenham Hotspur or Liverpool.
    I hope you can't. But there's ways around it. IE City having their owners sponsor the stadium for millions.

Hopefully Newcastle.

But at the minute more likely Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    Next season will see the 3 most successful clubs in recent times under new management so I think there's a greater chance of an outsider winning the title, although it's still small. Spurs are most likely if they qualify for CL and make a few top signings and keep bale for another season.

ReputationRep:
    can't be spurs as they're just another feeder club like their neighbours, so I'm going for liverpool

ReputationRep:
    Utd, City and Chelsea will dominate for at least the next decade.

I reckon that if Liverpool get their act together, they could. Mainly because they already have the foundation.

ReputationRep:
    If Spurs' Daniel Levy can get his cheque book out some degree and support AVB then with the upheavals at the top of the table, they'd have a great chance. AVB has continued Harry's work but seems to have given them more tactical nous and discipline. Spurs' squad, towards the end of the season, could have done with Brendan Rodgers' favourite word - DEPTH. They could do with some money going in to invest in quality and you never know. AVB, I'd say has the right motivation and vision to try to want to win the PL whereas Harry always talked about it but kinda backfired on him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rusty Spork)
    We have won it :facepalm2: Just because something has been rebranded doesn't mean it's previous history is disregarded.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well whatever, either way it's been 23 years. I'd take one PL over one Champions league right now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: May 20, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.