Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, im starting Plymouth uni in September studying Criminology and criminal justice studies. I have just applied for accommodation, in Francis drake or mary newman!
    Was wondering what everyone else is applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, iv gone for mary newman, francis drake or alexandra works! So excited!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i've gone for radnor, pilgrim and francis drake

Was really tempted to go for the new Astor House accommodation but at £128 p/w with only a longer 44 week contract available it was a bit steep, plus it seemed just a tad too far away from the uni and all the other halls, but damn it looks classy in those pictures!

ReputationRep:
    I'm going for Alexandra Works, St Thomas House and Robbins Astor looked amazing but it's just too expensive

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, currently in my 2nd year at Plym. Thought I would add input on halls. Alexandra works is really far from campus, Gilwell is horrible, Francis Drake is really nice, Robbins is also nice, Radnor is OK, Pilgrim is OK. Haven't been in any others.

ReputationRep:
    which is the most popular halls for social life?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaJane4)
    Hey, iv gone for mary newman, francis drake or alexandra works! So excited!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think a lot of people will be applying for those two because they are the closest! but yes very exciting! what are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flanderpops)
    I think a lot of people will be applying for those two because they are the closest! but yes very exciting! what are you studying?
    Yeah thats why I went for them! I'm studying psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    applied for Gilwell and robins, all about the price for me

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Mary Newman, Francis drake and Robbins all ensuite

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warrensmith27)
    which is the most popular halls for social life?
    My brother has just finished uni, and he says if you want the social life you should go for cheaper accommodation as in his words the people wont be 'nobs'.

I'm starting this year too and just started looking at accommodation i thought Thomas cook looked pretty good as it was nice, with en suite but not too expensive, so should be fun too. Astor was looks amazing, but just imagine the people that will live there, it wouldn't be much of a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I would choose Astor House if I could afford it, simply for the deer spread bedding

But Gillwell seems like a good choice if you want some spare money.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing psychology with criminology and criminal justice system. I found for what the halls are its really expensive, ive gone into private halls which has able me to get my own studio apartment, with access to a common room and games room to allow me to get the social life but without the hassle of sharing, for only 104 a week.

ReputationRep:
    I applied to to frobisher, astor and pilgrim. I love where astor is situated!

ReputationRep:
    I applied for astor, st thomas and radnor.

Any idea when we hear back?

ReputationRep:
    I went for Robbins, Francis Drake and Mary Newman

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NigelHuyton)
    I went for Robbins, Francis Drake and Mary Newman
    I applied for exactly the same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an email from plymouth saying they are going to start the accommodation applications in the next week or two, with people with unconditional offers being first!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flanderpops)
    Just got an email from plymouth saying they are going to start the accommodation applications in the next week or two, with people with unconditional offers being first!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you say start do you mean start looking at them? I haven't even applied yet.

ReputationRep:
    Well they are going to start handing out rooms to the people who have applied for halls!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.