Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live alone in Central London (ground floor flat) and obviously I need to be careful and look after myself. There is an outside door that usually remains locked and I lock my door as well. Even though it's an affluent neighborhood in the West, there was a break in in my building a while back. It's only luck that they went upstairs and not straight to my flat.

If I've ordered something online or am expecting food, I open right away when the doorbell rings. But if I'm not, I sometimes leave it.

What do you do, do you always open? (especially girls living alone)

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean leave the door unlocked during the day or not check before you open up to someone?
    I live with my mum and sister but some days I'm off college alone, I keep the front and back door locked and all the windows. If the door knocks however sometimes I'll look and sometimes I won't...
    I don't live in a rough area, in a village infact.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.