Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you always think about your future? watch

• TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    Just general thoughts if you do think about your future a lot, like myself.

I tend to think about it way too often it it sometimes gets be down because I'm scared of failing because if I do fail (my A-levels) then I won't be able to go to uni and if I can't go to uni, I won't be able to get my degree and go into teaching. Also I still need to resit my Maths to get a grade C, this scares me too.
    Also the tests before you can apply for a teaching training. If you fail that 3 times, you cannot apply for another one in two years which also freaks me out :/

My life now is just a bit poo at the moment cause I'm constantly thinking about my life and failure. Is anyone like this?!

ReputationRep:
    Most of the time yes. The other times I keep wondering how big a fail I might end up as a doctor (I'm a medical student).

ReputationRep:
    I've already planned my funeral.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a medical student and I had planned to become one since year 10. It's always good to plan ahead - so you don't lose direction, but always keep motivated and focused on your career path!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No because I haven't got a ****ing clue what i'll do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tim2341)
    I've already planned my funeral.
    wut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I feel that... but it's almost always followed by a lot of negative possibilities. (Failing school, won't find a job etc. etc.) It always helps to remember that these are possibilties. Not reality. The stuff we worry about hasn't happened yet and if it HAS happened, it isn't going to change.
    So really, quit worrying because you could use that time for something like.. idk studying or de-stressing instead.

ReputationRep:
    Mostly yes. Because I think its healthy to have a general idea of where you're headed.

ReputationRep:
    I worry about my future,my present and regrets of my past and it isn't healthy for me. I honestly catch myself spending far too much time in the future,what could happen if I do this now etc..so although I think it is good to plan ahead don't do it excessively. It's hard to stop I know that but just plan for your future(positively) account for variables,work to eliminate the ones you can and give yourself a little 'wiggle room' for things that might happen in the future that are as yet unforeseen/. As that graduation song goes (the Baz Luhrmann sunscreen one)

''Don’t worry about the future; or worry, but know that worrying is as
    effective as trying to solve an algebra equation by chewing
    bubblegum. The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that
    never crossed your worried mind; the kind that blindside you at 4pm ''

ReputationRep:
    a bit. I think about my past more.

ReputationRep:
    I always think about my future too much, unless I have massive drama going on in my present. Definitely important to just enjoy the moment

ReputationRep:
    Moat of the time. It even sometimes affect my revision.
    Thinking what if my future plans don't fall in place...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    mostly yes, but that's probably the case with everyone, it's natural

ReputationRep:
    Yep, almost always but sometimes i tell myself to not plan too far ahead.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, all the time. But I like to think about the life I want to live, but then when I realise what reality is I die a little inside

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same. I decided I wanted to be a dentist at 8 years old and have been planning my life so far. I've planned up 'till leaving uni, so my life seems to be orientated on fear of not achieving the dream. All you can do is try to live in the moment, work hard for your dream and be assured you are not alone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think about WHAT will be in the future, not what could be happen to me in there. There are a lot hindrance which wait on me in the future. And I consider whether its really worth to manage them, if there is no sense of life in a modern world for me. Is it really worth to go on, if I become just a part of gears of a clock? the only one which crossed my mind, if I think about my role in the future is, whether I have lived my life when I die.

ReputationRep:
    I've kind of planned my future so now because of what I aspire to be, I work 200% harder

ReputationRep:
    I used to think about the future loads when I was unhappy. Not anymore though! I occasionally think about uni, because I can't wait to go, but mainly it's just stuff that's going on with me at the moment. College, work, friends, going out, etc. Also food.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Runninground)
    Yeah, all the time. But I like to think about the life I want to live, but then when I realise what reality is I die a little inside
    Exactly the same thing which happened to me. Since that time I have stopped to think about my future and to live every single second of my life in good as in bad. I'm sure that I focus me on presence, I guess its possible to lay the foundation of the future. I take every step in my life, no more. No one know what will be and that's good.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.