ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, so I've just created my new tsr account and I was just wondering if anyone had tips on things I should/ shouldn't do on here

Hope everyone's having a great day and not getting too stressed if they're studying for exams!

ReputationRep:
    Hey, welcome to TSR!

Just make sure you get involved, everyone's so nice on here, I've managed to make some friends.

Are you doing exams too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WheresPebbles)
    Hey, welcome to TSR!

Just make sure you get involved, everyone's so nice on here, I've managed to make some friends.

Are you doing exams too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hello! Thanks for replying!

Errm I'm in my first year of studying GCSEs so no big exams, just our school's little Year 10 exams. I did Astronomy GCSE yesterday so that's about as stressful as it's getting for me!

Are you doing exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-black-lotus)
    Hello! Thanks for replying!

Errm I'm in my first year of studying GCSEs so no big exams, just our school's little Year 10 exams. I did Astronomy GCSE yesterday so that's about as stressful as it's getting for me!

Are you doing exams?
    Yep, my AS levels... I have my first one tomorrow. Good luck with your exams then enjoy the relative stress-freeness (I don't even think that makes sense) because it won't last! Astronomy sounds so interesting, what else are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep, my AS levels... I have my first one tomorrow. Good luck with your exams then enjoy the relative stress-freeness (I don't even think that makes sense) because it won't last! Astronomy sounds so interesting, what else are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck, hope your revision is going well! Oh I'm enjoying youtube a lot in study leave... Astronomy is really interesting, ermm the GCSEs I'm doing are maths, statistics, english, triple science, latin, german, geography, history and ICT

ReputationRep:
    I did Astronomy GCSE yesterday so that's about as stressful as it's getting for me!
    hello and welcome to tsr!

so is this astronomy gcse an actual qualification in gcse? whats it like?
    seems very interesting and i have never heard of it

im just asking because i want to do astrophysics at UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity_4652)
    hello and welcome to tsr!

so is this astronomy gcse an actual qualification in gcse? whats it like?
    seems very interesting and i have never heard of it

im just asking because i want to do astrophysics at UCL
    Hi, thanks for replying!

Yes it is an actual gcse, ermm I found it really interesting and I feel it gives you a wide understanding of astronomy in general, of course I can't really comment on its helpfulness for astrophysics but I've heard it helps with the first year of any astro- course. My school offered it as an additional mainly self-taught exam but I know there are ways to distance learn it Hope I've helped a bit!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck, hope your revision is going well! Oh I'm enjoying youtube a lot in study leave... Astronomy is really interesting, ermm the GCSEs I'm doing are maths, statistics, english, triple science, latin, german, geography, history and ICT
    You can't beat good old YouTube. Anything in particular? I did triple and history as my options too. Enjoying them?

Thanks, but nope...the revision is going nowhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You can't beat good old YouTube. Anything in particular? I did triple and history as my options too. Enjoying them?

Thanks, but nope...the revision is going nowhere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Literally been watching anything... A lot of danisnotonfire so yes quality revision time I've been having too. I'm enjoying everything I chose to do so yep I'm happy with what I chose, just not ICT and biology...

ReputationRep:
    Hey people, I'm sort of new as well. I was wondering...how do I change my username? Can I? :confused: And my password, cos' its like some random letters set by the website Thanks...

ReputationRep:
    Literally been watching anything... A lot of danisnotonfire so yes quality revision time I've been having too. I'm enjoying everything I chose to do so yep I'm happy with what I chose, just not ICT and biology...
    I take biology A-level. Stupidest thing I've ever done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    HI Folks
    i am new to this hope going good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username_n/a)
    Hey people, I'm sort of new as well. I was wondering...how do I change my username? Can I? :confused: And my password, cos' its like some random letters set by the website Thanks...
    If you click onto your username at the top of the page and then select customise my TSR, there's an option to change your password. Not sure about your username. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you click onto your username at the top of the page and then select customise my TSR, there's an option to change your password. Not sure about your username. Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Aww, thanks. I think I found it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username_n/a)
    Aww, thanks. I think I found it
    Happy to help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by urstrinath)
    HI Folks
    i am new to this hope going good
    Hi! How are you? Enjoying tsr?

ReputationRep:
    I take biology A-level. Stupidest thing I've ever done.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's a shame My biology teacher would probably be horrified if I told her I wanted to do a-level... Err I have my end of year biology test tomorrow, is there any chance you could explain transpiration?

ReputationRep:
    that's a shame My biology teacher would probably be horrified if I told her I wanted to do a-level... Err I have my end of year biology test tomorrow, is there any chance you could explain transpiration?
    I can try... That is the movement of water through a plant right? (My biology teacher would be horrified if I told her that, it comes up in my exam in 2 weeks and I'm still not sure.)

I'll go get my notebook if you tell me exactly what you need to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello and welcome!

You asked for what to do and not do. Talk about rep is my answer. It causes more trouble than it's worth! :lol:

Transpiration = Tree sweat :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I can try... That is the movement of water through a plant right? (My biology teacher would be horrified if I told her that, it comes up in my exam in 2 weeks and I'm still not sure.)

I'll go get my notebook if you tell me exactly what you need to know.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah it's that... Erm just generally where, why and how it happens would be great thank you!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered welcome lounge threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.