The Student Room Group

Anyone received a first at university with less than 70%?

Scroll to see replies

First at Glasgow is 82%+ :angry:
I've heard of universities rounding up 69.5% to a first (i think if you have a certain number of modules at a first class grade). This is common.
I am at a similar situation myself currently. By calculating myself, I got an average of 68.2% I looked at my University specification and it does state that they would consider borderline judgement anything below of 2%. I was wondering if someone currently is in the same situation as myself before and has been awarded this grade. The span of my grade contains only 2/5 that are above 70%.

Original post by rmhumphries
CS @ Nottingham:

If you get 120/240 credits worth of a higher classification (180/260 credits for MSci) and an average of 49/59/67+, you will be awarded the higher classification.

So, BSc Borderline 1st -> 120 credits at 70%+ (out of your modules for year 2/3) and an average between 67% and 69.9%.
Original post by ArtFart
Anyone know if this is relevant in 2017?I averaged:65% Level 5 (33.3%)70% Level 6 (66.6%)Over the two years averaging out at 68.3%.Receiving 72 in my written module and another 72 in my final year.Any scope for asking the question?

I am in the same situation right now. What did your University award you? I averaged 68.2%.
And does anyone know if the yr2 (65.5) and yr 3(68.8) gets rounded up to 66 and 69? This stuff is confusing haha
69.something% ! But I got a first in my dissertation and most modules.
I'll add to this discussion in case this is still relevant for anyone in 2020.

I've just got my results and I got a first with an average of 68.77%. This was explained to me as because I got 68%+ and 2/3 of my final year were 70+ (including Dissertation) I was given a first.

Hope this helps!
Reply 66
Got a first from Cambridge with 66.5% average. My marks in the 6 final year papers were 71, 71, 70, 67, 64, 56. Was quite surprised... thought the 56 would have been a fail if I'm honest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending