The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

I think people who say SWAG and YOLO shouldn't breed.
I also think that all social networking sites should restrict the use of hashtags. Its becoming ridiculous.
Original post by Joe909

We should only allow degree qualified immigrants.

Polytechnic colleges should be brought back with full force, industry and PROPERLY trained manual labour should be a focus.

Binge drinking/drug overdoses should have their own medical fees or fines

Politics and Economics should be compulsary from Primary education so people grow up with realistic expectations and a working knowledge of the economy

Rap that promotes violence, rape or misogyny should be banned

YOU CAN ONLY VOTE ON REFERENDUMS WHERE YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO PASS ACCURATE JUDGEMENTS.

YOU CANNOT VOTE IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A LEVELS.

I agree with these especially economics being part of the curriculum. David Starkey for prime minister? Really?
Money that people pay as tax was never theirs it was always the state's.
Reply 523
Absolutely hate the word "normal". Whenever someone says "errr...." it makes me cringe and and want to slap them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 524
- Democracy has a lot of flaws
- Argo was a rubbish film
- The Departed is overrated
- Britain is one of the worst places in the developed world in which to live
- Most students are very, very annoying
- There should be a test for parents
- Mass immigration is not a good thing (though controlled immigration is a good thing)
- It is not okay to be fat, and especially not to take pride in it
- There is too much of a focus on individual rights, and not enough on societal responsibilities
- Children have too many rights
- Discipline should be enforced much more than it is at the moment
- The man should not automatically have to pay on dates
- The criminal justice system should be liberalised for minor crimes, and toughened up for major crimes
- I hate The Guardian and Unite Against Fascism
- Britain should stop trying to 'punch above its weight' on the global stage
- People are too materialistic, lazy, selfish, and self-entitled
- Top Gear, and Jeremy Clarkson, are both awful entities
- Not enough attention is given to white victims of racist abuse
- Not enough attention is given to male victims of domestic violence
- There are far too many people in the world
- The Olympics, and our hero worship of sportsmen and women, is irritating
- People should be given greater rights in self-defence
- Learning a foreign language at school should be compulsory
- International aid should be cut
- The legal system, in regard to family matters, is unfair to men
- Many liberals are effectively apologists for radical Islam, etc.
- Soliders are not automatically heroes
- Towns and cities are becoming ghettoised along racial and religious lines
- Marajuana should be legalised
- Rebecca Black's Friday, while abysmal, is not the worst song ever produced
- Our society is too self-indulgent and ready to excuse people's faults
- There will be more riots, like the 2011 London ones, in the future
- There is no point in getting married
- Big government is a good thing (if done propery)
- Torture, in extreme situations, can be justified
- Multiculturalism has failed
- Twitter is one of the stupidest things ever
- The Bulger killers should still be in prison, regardless of their age when they committed the crime
- People are getting stupider
(edited 10 years ago)
[QUOTE="Saada;42683975"]
Original post by Der_Linguist

Other countries don't go round invading other countries because they have their own oil dumbass. What do you think Saudi Arabia is rich on? Besides your the one who suggested it's oil they're there for and 'not me' bull ****. Britain barely has enough oil to qualify as a country that can sustain it's own oil supply. How old are you exactly? Does your mum pay your petrol bills? You think it's so expensive because it's local?

Here you are 'Sally ****face' full of it, whining about the soldiers not being hero's and all of that and you claim you don't care about the murder it's about the 'British people's image' grow a bloody pair. You have very little knowledge of the wars going on, the motives or Britains image in other countries eyes.

Exactly. If everyone suddenly doesn't need oil anymore, including you, your parents have to stop buying you petrol, the wars will be unfounded. How old are you can I ask?

Wow. You're not worth my time.
Original post by Progra
Someone did mention this, which is a good point. But it is not healthy for the earth or for population to still be increasing either.

Fair enough, but one child policies have been proven as failures. Anyway, the problem is more with developing nations (first world countries have ageing, declining populations. Look at Japan having to pay people to have children.) and improper resource use/distribution than anything. The earth can comfortably support faet more people if done properly.

Original post by minthumbugs
I know people wont like this opinion but I think marriage is a purely religious thing. If I wasn't religious I wouldn't believe in marriage. Why do you need a piece of paper to show your commitment to each other? Therefore I think it should be kept to heterosexual couples. Homosexuality isn't accepted within major religions so gay marriage shouldn't be. I'm not saying I'm right, I wouldnt start protesting against it and you are entitled to disagree with me and think I'm an awful person, but that's what I personally think

It's fine for the religions that don't want gay marriage to not have to marry gay people, but what about the religions that do want to marry gay people and their gay members?

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Libertarians and conservatives are either hateful, misinformed, useful idiots or psycopaths depending upon their stripe.
-Israel has every right to exist and long may it continue to do so.
-Barack Obama is a treacherous, child-murdering, torturing, neo-conservative corporatist git who's worse than Bush could ever dream of being.
-Major League Soccer is great and very underrated.
-I'm indifferent towards marmite.
-Islam cannot coexist with liberal societies as it is inherently a political institution and interests itself in forcing all others to submit to it.
-Harry Potter's poorly written and godawful.
-Multiculturalism has failed and is akin to treason.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 528
Call of Duty is not a good game series in the slightest.
Original post by geetar
- Democracy has a lot of flaws
- Argo was a rubbish film
- The Departed is overrated
- Britain is one of the worst places in the developed world in which to live I'm interested to know why you think this.
- Most students are very, very annoying
- There should be a test for parents ​I think is is far to ideological and would most probably not work well in practice. If you can persuade me otherwise feel free.
- Mass immigration is not a good thing (though controlled immigration is a good thing)
- It is not okay to be fat, and especially not to take pride in it
- There is too much of a focus on individual rights, and not enough on societal responsibilities
- Children have too many rights How so?
- Discipline should be enforced much more than it is at the moment
- The man should not automatically have to pay on dates I agree
- The criminal justice system should be liberalised for minor crimes, and toughened up for major crimes
- I hate The Guardian and Unite Against Fascism
- Britain should stop trying to 'punch above its weight' on the global stage
- People are too materialistic, lazy, selfish, and self-entitled For the most part I agree, but it is a big generalization.
- Top Gear, and Jeremy Clarkson, are both awful entities
- Not enough attention is given to white victims of racist abuse Agree
- Not enough attention is given to male victims of domestic violence Agree
- There are far too many people in the world Agree to an extent but overuse of resources and inequality are a factor. Though I understand it's ideolgical to think everyone on the planet could be equal.

- The Olympics, and our hero worship of sportsmen and women, is irritating
- People should be given greater rights in self-defence Agree
- Learning a foreign language at school should be compulsorary Agree it should be compulsary at GCSE level and ideally with an option of atleast 2 languages when first starting out.
- International aid should be cut
- The legal system, in regard to family matters, is unfair to men I agree
- Many liberals are effectively apologists for radical Islam, etc.
- Soliders are not automatically heroes I agree
- Towns and cities are becoming ghettoised along racial and religious lines
- Marijuana should be legalized Agree so much here, I don't like or enjoy weed in any way but that doesn't stop me from agreeing.
- Rebecca Black's Friday, while abysmal, is not the worst song ever produced
- Our society is too self-indulgent and ready to excuse people's faults Agree and disagree some faults are easy looked over, but some are highly critized.
- There will be more riots, like the 2011 London ones, in the future Highly likely
- There is no point in getting married If it's not for you fair enough though some people really enjoy the experience and celebration of there love. If my boyfriend wanted me to marry him in the future I would, if he didn't then I don't know, I'm undecided on whether or not it's important to me. But we likely will as he has expressed he wants to.
- Big government is a good thing (if done propery)
- Torture, in extreme situations, can be justified
- Multiculturalism has failed How so?
- Twitter is one of the stupidest things ever
- The Bulger killers should still be in prison, regardless of their age when they committed the crime
- People are getting stupider

Anything I haven't commented on I either don't care enough about or I am not educated enough on the subject to think I should give opinions.
Reply 530
Stop giving rep. The whole point of this thread is to post opinions that will be offensive, if you're going to find it offensive and start giving a "thumbs down" then you shouldn't be in this thread in the first place.
I should of conquered the world... in 1945
Reply 532
Original post by geetar
- democracy has a lot of flaws
- argo was a rubbish film
- the departed is overrated
- britain is one of the worst places in the developed world in which to live
- most students are very, very annoying
- there should be a test for parents
- mass immigration is not a good thing (though controlled immigration is a good thing)
- it is not okay to be fat, and especially not to take pride in it
- there is too much of a focus on individual rights, and not enough on societal responsibilities
- children have too many rights
- discipline should be enforced much more than it is at the moment
- the man should not automatically have to pay on dates
- the criminal justice system should be liberalised for minor crimes, and toughened up for major crimes
- i hate the guardian and unite against fascism
- britain should stop trying to 'punch above its weight' on the global stage
- people are too materialistic, lazy, selfish, and self-entitled
- top gear, and jeremy clarkson, are both awful entities
- not enough attention is given to white victims of racist abuse
- not enough attention is given to male victims of domestic violence
- there are far too many people in the world
- the olympics, and our hero worship of sportsmen and women, is irritating
- people should be given greater rights in self-defence
- learning a foreign language at school should be compulsory
- international aid should be cut
- the legal system, in regard to family matters, is unfair to men
- many liberals are effectively apologists for radical islam, etc.
- soliders are not automatically heroes
- towns and cities are becoming ghettoised along racial and religious lines
- marajuana should be legalised
- rebecca black's friday, while abysmal, is not the worst song ever produced
- our society is too self-indulgent and ready to excuse people's faults
- there will be more riots, like the 2011 london ones, in the future
- there is no point in getting married
- big government is a good thing (if done propery)
- torture, in extreme situations, can be justified
- multiculturalism has failed
- twitter is one of the stupidest things ever
- the bulger killers should still be in prison, regardless of their age when they committed the crime
- people are getting stupider

this is a ****ing awesome post!!!
Reply 533
Original post by geetar

- There are far too many people in the world

Fairly uncontroversial I'd have thought. What would you do about it though, this is where it might get interesting...
Don't like the fact the media mostly portrays immigrants as benefit scroungers, I think that both British born and immigrants should be forced to take up work no matter what the conditions or pay rather than sit at home and claim benefits ,unless they are physically incapable.

Don't like the fact that British people feel as if they are owed a job just because they were born here, its not an immigrants fault that you do not have the required qualifications or skills required to get a job. As long immigrants are hard working and pay taxes then they are fine by me.

Not only white people can be racist, I hate the fact that many races feel as if thought it is OK to be discriminate against white people and spread racial hate and yet do not want it against themselves (The minority of other races do this - NOT ALL).

Also I personally do not like bands like One direction but they are benefiting the UK by increasing it's exports, so as long as they are helping the economy it's fine by me. If you don't like them then don't listen to them.

I believe that people that have joined the armed forces should not be treated differently. It is a job so don't expect me to have a higher opinion of you or put you above others just because you are "protecting this country" You chose to join the army on at your own accord and you were not forced into it.

Lastly I dislike Bleach (The anime)
Reply 535
Original post by aari
Aren't you talking about circumcision? It's a common practice among Muslims and Jews. So, the people who get their baby boys 'mutilated' are 'mutilated' themselves. And this is not limited to boys. I saw a documentary a couple of years ago about some young Muslim girls who were made to go through the same thing. It was horrifying, to say the least! :mad:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you do agree that needlessly and painfully altering the genitals of both genders is horrifying? Just wondering since you put mutilated as 'mutilated'. :smile:
Reply 536
Forced sterilisation. Too many people usurping the world's resources, we don't need more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 537
I think vandals and their work are undervalued.

I'm interested in natural history and the best place to find it is derelict industrial land. I had some free time this morning so I went to look at a big stretch of abandoned land near Ellesmere Port. I took a pic:

EllesmerePort02.jpg

In a few weeks time that sandy ground will be covered with wild orchids. These sites are always enclosed by security fencing. I can get over most fences but the modern ones are built like the pallisades round Saxon settlements that kept the Vikings out, with the difference that they're not made of wooden stakes you can hack at, they're sharpened six foot high toughened steel bars set in concrete. This is where vandals come in. Walk round any security fence and you'll always find a section that vandals have broken down. It's the same with derelict buildings. As soon as a building is abandoned the vandals will be along to the smash the windows and tear down boarding. So birds can get in to nest, bats can find roosts, and small mammals have a home.

Before anyone says it I know there are occasions when vandals go too far in their youthful exuberance. Some of them need a quiet word in their ear. I think if they were taken aside and advised that you can have too much of a good thing, they would nod agreement and act in moderation.

I don't know where we'd be without them.
Reply 538
''''If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed'''

Soooo the person picked, which IS innocent is executed and another name is picked.....and so on until everyone dies.
Right :lolwut: So let me get this straight....

Spoiler

I bet that last one gets me 100 negs :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest