The Student Room Group

Post your unpopular opinions...

Scroll to see replies

Compulsory IQ test to sort children and put them in different classes. And then skills tests every year so you can assess them and put them in the right classes according to their levels. So idiot to teach the same things in the same way to people who don't have the same needs. I know it can sound very elitist. But I'd rather being pragmatic upon education than being nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
I don't like Jennifer Lawrence, and I really don't want her to win an Oscar tonight
Original post by redz0r
I noticed there was an unpopular opinions thread on sport and music, but not one for general ideas.

Here's some of my mine (don't be offended)

Fight club is massively overrated
So is The walking dead

People should take a test before reproducing - this way inferior genetics are not passed on

The era we live in will go down in history as the most influential and the best - if you hate current society feel free to go back to the 1300's without your precious Iphones and catch black death

If you want the death penalty back, you should be willing to enter your name and details into a hat. Everytime someone innocent is killed by the death penalty, a random name is drawn and that person is executed

Majority of women shouldn't be allowed to vote

May I question you on the reasoning behind the last point? I'm not offended. Yet. Because I could be the minority. :h:
Reply 943
Original post by minnigayuen
You've just received all of my yes. It really sickens me when papers such as the Daily Mail make bull stories about "war heroes" who have had a slightly bad day.

I also dislike the attitude of most of the people who end up joining the army; they tend to give up on education and use the army as a last resort because they believe it's an easy way out to instantly gain respect.

The worst ones are the ones who insist on wearing their uniform at every possible civilian opportunity. It may impress some but they look like top douches to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 944
Bacon is honestly average. Every man hypes it up to be gods gift when most often it tastes like over burnt rubber.
Reply 945
If people want to die, let them. It's their life.

Not sure if that's so unpopular anymore, though.
Original post by lou_100
If people want to die, let them. It's their life.

Not sure if that's so unpopular anymore, though.

Agreed, especially with thinks like euthanasia..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pizza is generally mediocre.

Coffee is revolting.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" was awful.

Einstein wasn't the best physicist in the history of science.

Edison was more businessman than scientist and Tesla deserves far more credit and recognition than he gets.

Military conscription should be banned in international law, except in very exceptional circumstances and with the approval of the UN Secretary-General.

Pop music these days is frustratingly vapid and meaningless. Its only purpose is to make money and turn the general public into zombies who will listen to anything, as long as it has next to no complexity. To quote Bart Baker, "apparently saying the same word 90 times ensures a smash".

Billie Joe Armstrong's attack on Justin Bieber during the "one minute" rant was hilarious and well-deserved.

16/17-year-olds shouldn't be allowed to vote in the Scottish independence referendum (I'm 17 and will still be 17 at the time of the referendum).

Tré Cool should totally sing more often.

Knives And Pens isn't the best Black Veil Brides song (that accolade would have to go to The Gunsling).

I don't get the hype around Linkin Park.
Anyone who is overly opinionated regarding politics is guaranteed to be a colossal, insufferable moron
Original post by Apologetic Cube
In general, men are able to think both more logically and more rationally than women.

Sexist much?

Original post by P357
Hugely controversial:as a white woman, I'm absolutely repulsed beyond belief by white men who date outside their race. It's the biggest deal-breaker for me.

Racist much?

Original post by bluester
people are not born gay. you are born only with your physical features and a basic instinct to survive, you pick the rest up along the way

Flaming heterosexual much?
Original post by Blazar
Sexist much?

Racist much?

I wouldn't say so.
There are a lot of biological differences between genders.
Our brains being one of them.
Reply 952
Original post by Blazar
Sexist much?

Racist much?

when it comes to dating(/anything to do with procreation) idk -i've often wondered...

thread title is "unpopular opinions" though-were you expecting stuff like" I don't like peanut butter"? hah.
Reply 953
Mean Girls isn't as good as Clueless.
Pizza's overrated. Nice, but overrated.
Nandos isn't that good.
Jose Mourinho is overrated.
Original post by Sunflower1919
Nandos isn't that good.

Completely agree, in fact I completely dislike Nandos. I mean for a place that specializes in chicken they don't half cook that stuff til it's dry as a bone. They had one job, cook chicken and they cook it (in my opinion) terribly.
Benedict Cumberbatch is overrated and he looks like a pigeon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Both Miranda and The Catherine Tate Show are a poor excuse for "comedy"

Never even cracked a smile let alone a laugh

Quick Reply

Latest