Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

There's a girl that I really like, and I want to listen to your opinions

To give you a quick background, she's 16 yrs old and is amazingly beautiful, but she's also quite intelligent and at the same time also quite mature (+ she is not overly loud, or popular, but she has this quiet & confident personality, which I find very attractive.)

We're both in the same school, but in different grades, so I had little chance to talk to her, though I used to a couple of times a few months ago. But then I made some silly mistakes and made the situation kind of awkward between us and since then, I didn't really talk to her anymore.

Now here's some things I realized, but I don't really know what they mean.
    1. I can feel her looking at me. This is not really a constant stare, but whenever I even look towards her direction, her eyes turns to me. This happens even when she was talking to somebody else.
    2. When she sees me in a corridor, she becomes quiet. It feels like she's just interested in what I am talking about. But then when I am walking alone or when I am not talking, she starts to talk a little louder with her friend(s) - This feels like she wants to show her socializing.

3. And yet when I see her in an empty hall and we notice each other, she just stares at the bottom or her phone, and she avoids any eye-contact. (Oh, and we are sometimes together with about 10 other people in a classroom because of a project that we're doing all together, and here she has no problem talking to me, and asks questions and we're not awkward at all, but when we see each other in empty halls, she avoids any eye-contact.)

I don't know what to think. I think she has some interest in me, but she's just shy and doesn't know what to do. I think this way especially because she is not very "socially active" - I don't think she is quite confident when she's talking to boys as "boys".

Any thoughts? I think I am analysing everything to the extreme, but I just wanna know :P any thoughts will be highly appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But then I made some silly mistakes and made the situation kind of awkward between us and since then, I didn't really talk to her anymore.
    The rest is irrelevant. What did you do.

EDIT: I think she probably finds you VERY creepy as a result of these hidden things you did that made stuff awkward. She looks up at you when she feels your staring her out as this is creepy, she avoids eye contact if you're alone and she is; when she's with her friends she tries to avoid giving opportunities for you to engage her by talking loudly amongst her friends...

I could be wrong but from the sounds of things she used to like you, after what you did she now finds you creepy as hell.

ReputationRep:
    what awkward things did you do?

I don't think it was a creepy move. When I said "awkward moments", I was talking about just one awkward conversation. Like everything I asked were yes or no questions, so the conversation ended quickly and there was some awkward moments. But actually it wasn't even a real conversation. Like it just happened when we were both walking in the hall way, and I had to go in a different direction, so it ended in like 20 seconds. But still I felt it was kind of awkward. But then since we didn't have any lessons together and had nothing that we were doing together, I hadn't really had the chance to talk to her since.

And I didn't constantly stare at her, but it's rather I noticed her in the hall, then I turned my eyes away, talk to my friends etc, but then I can feel that she's looking at me.

Lastly, I don't think it's she looking at me because she finds me creepy. It's like, I am talking to my friends, and one of my friend talks to her (trivial stuff like she needs to be somewhere, another teacher called her etc), and then I turn around to see who my friend is talking to, and she looks at me although she's practically talking to my friend.

So, now that you know what the "awkward thing" is, do you still think that she thinks of me as a creepy person?

+ When we used to have fluent conversation, she WAS definitely flirting with me. But then after that one awkward conversation, it got slightly awkward between us, and since we didn't have any further connections, we got even further apart. Also, it was her who initiated conversations when we were in the same classroom for the project thingy. If she found me creepy, she wouldn't have sat right in front of me, and I don't think she would have initiated the conversation.

What do you think? any comments are highly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    It looks like you already think you know the answer anyway and you're just trying to get some sort of backing behind what you already believe.

To be fair, you too when passing her in the empty corridor- don't say anything to her from the sounds of things so you are both as bad as each other and she is probably thinking the exact same thing.

Why don't you just speak to her the next time you see her outside of class and see how it goes? Do it at a time when you know people won't be rushing to places (like in between lessons) or anything so you might be able to have a good talk and get things back on track?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think she finds you interesting and the awkward conversation reflects that. I think when she was flirting with you, she was being light-hearted. How often do you speak to her apart from those two occasions?

As we have no other connections, we don't talk at all. I used to have classes with her last year, but not anymore.
    I tried to just talk to her, but when I say "hey", the response comes slightly late. It's like I say hey, and I need to wait like a second to hear her say hi. But as we don't even see each other much in the hall way anyway, I only tried talking to her about two or three times in the past two months. Maybe I am over sensitive in these things and I might be too scared of what's going to happen. I honestly am really shy when I am talking to girls, so that's a problem as well.

I don't know if this will help but I am the president in our school, and because some of my hobbies such as playing instruments, I had some performances last year, and back then she used to compliment me for my activities and stuff, but well...

The thing is, whatever I think and how much I am sure that she finds me interesting, whenever I see her avoiding any eye contact in school, I find she doesn't want to do anything to do with me anymore :P I try to think of her as a shy person (and she is), but still it just wears my confidence level down :'(

Man... I am a bit sorry for you, as I am almost in the same situation. I like a girl for a long time, different grades, same school, same activities, but talked to her not very much. We know for 2 years. The same type of girl, shy, mature, cute and also the same eye and hello contact problem. We had 5 days when we were together at an event, at a scholar contest, a lot of fun, talked a lot, every time was under my umbrella when was rainy and many things which I think were 'flirting types'. Also a girl who was her roommate told why doesn't she dance with me as she told her she wanted to do, I asked her but she refused, but smiled when I was looking at her at the partyhttp://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/...s/rolleyes.gif.
    Then, after we split up, each at his own home I told her I would like to go out with her to see if it goes well. She told me I will be disappointed, as she isn't that type of girl. First she didn't want to give her number, but immediately told me she would give it to me. Her hands were shaking while typing her number, like when she was drawing something on my shirt
    http://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/smilies/sogood.gif at the same party, was the only one where her hands were shaking http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/6.1/im...lies/smile.png.
    Let her 4 days without contacting her at all, thought she would go back home at her city, she isn't from my town. When I phoned her she declined the call and immediately unfriended me on facebook. Send her a message on fb, she said she wasn't upset, then I add her again, she declined, second time she didn't answer. Then a month of avoiding at school from her, quite more obviously than before, as she tried to avoid any contact.
    Last weekend, we were teammates at a contest and she avoided any contact as possible. After 3 hours I text her saying what intentions I had, that I liked her since I knew her, not exactly this way wrote,but I said that I wanted to see if she would like to go further http://static1.tsrfiles.co.uk/6.1/im...lies/smile.png.
    Finally, she replied that she don't want to go out with me and she would like to stop asking her, as she was diplomatical with me with her answers and she would like to stop putting myself into her rejections.
    Replied: Ok, I understand.
    Hope this helped a bit, as you wouldn't to the same mistakes and I hope that both of us find what we really need, preferable to be this 2 girlshttp://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/smilies/console.gif, never said I don't like you, she knows German and to prove it she told me Ich liebe dichhttp://static.tsrfiles.co.uk/images/smilies/mmm.gif, but it stills sound like some one swears, know french as my second foreign language :P

ReputationRep:
    Yes she does like you, but she's shy. I am in the same situation as I like this boy and everytime I see him I look away or pretend to be on my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask her? Sounds like she may like you.

ReputationRep:
    She's probably trying to figure out how she feels about you as maybe she doesn't know as much about you as you do about her maybe you should give her a bit of space as she might be avoiding eye contact because she doesn't want to give off any signals. However, still try and draw a bit of attention to yourself to remind her that you are there and like her!
    I hope that made sense! Hahaha it sounds a bit confusing but I hope things work out for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a girl that I really like, and I want to listen to your opinions

To give you a quick background, she's 16 yrs old and is amazingly beautiful, but she's also quite intelligent and at the same time also quite mature (+ she is not overly loud, or popular, but she has this quiet & confident personality, which I find very attractive.)

We're both in the same school, but in different grades, so I had little chance to talk to her, though I used to a couple of times a few months ago. But then I made some silly mistakes and made the situation kind of awkward between us and since then, I didn't really talk to her anymore.

Now here's some things I realized, but I don't really know what they mean.
    1. I can feel her looking at me. This is not really a constant stare, but whenever I even look towards her direction, her eyes turns to me. This happens even when she was talking to somebody else.
    2. When she sees me in a corridor, she becomes quiet. It feels like she's just interested in what I am talking about. But then when I am walking alone or when I am not talking, she starts to talk a little louder with her friend(s) - This feels like she wants to show her socializing.

3. And yet when I see her in an empty hall and we notice each other, she just stares at the bottom or her phone, and she avoids any eye-contact. (Oh, and we are sometimes together with about 10 other people in a classroom because of a project that we're doing all together, and here she has no problem talking to me, and asks questions and we're not awkward at all, but when we see each other in empty halls, she avoids any eye-contact.)

I don't know what to think. I think she has some interest in me, but she's just shy and doesn't know what to do. I think this way especially because she is not very "socially active" - I don't think she is quite confident when she's talking to boys as "boys".

Any thoughts? I think I am analysing everything to the extreme, but I just wanna know :P any thoughts will be highly appreciated.
    Sounds like she likes you. Ask her out.

(Original post by Baking goddess)
    Yes she does like you, but she's shy. I am in the same situation as I like this boy and everytime I see him I look away or pretend to be on my phone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for your response! Could I also know why you do that? Is it because of the potential awkwardness?

For all the other people, thank you guys all as well! helped me a lot

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 18, 2013
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.