Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    is anyone doing doing emily dickinson poems or the turn of the screw? any predictions on what poems might come up?

ReputationRep:
    The's another thread for the exam but I'm also doing Turn of the Screw. I hope repressions will come up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ndella)
    The's another thread for the exam but I'm also doing Turn of the Screw. I hope repressions will come up
    i've seen a thread but it seems like not many people are doing these texts. unfortunately, i don't think repression will come up as it was already in the june or January exam

ReputationRep:
    Yup I did Emily Dickinson and the turn of the screw .
    I thought the poetry was good but not sure about the turn of the screw. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spartz)
    Yup I did Emily Dickinson and the turn of the screw .
    I thought the poetry was good but not sure about the turn of the screw. What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was not too pleased with it because my least favourite poem came up. which question did you answer for the turn of the screw?

ReputationRep:
    I done the first one on political fable didn't even know what it meant but I just explored the evilness of quint and Jessel and then sexual repression blah blah, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I done the first one on political fable didn't even know what it meant but I just explored the evilness of quint and Jessel and then sexual repression blah blah, wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i did the first one too! i had no idea what political fable meant i wrote about repression, class distinction, victorian values and thoughts on servants and such. I don't think i directly answered the question but i just wrote everything i could remember meh

ReputationRep:
    I did Jane Eyre and Dickinson, anyone else did these too?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Radio.Active)
    I did Jane Eyre and Dickinson, anyone else did these too?
    I did Jane Eyre, I picked the "mystery novel" question, what about you?

For poetry I did Yeats, they chose such a hard poem, it was written by him in like 1919/1920 and under the pressure of the exam I stupidly thought this was during WW1 so I wrote loads about that Does anyone know if that will significantly affect my answer, provided I answered the question well?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same I wrote about sexual oppression and governess as malevolent force etc.. It was a bit dodgy but I think boundaries will be low cause many found it hard.
    For the poetry what did you link to? I linked I felt a Funeral and it was it death only cause I knew them haha. What did u write about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah same I wrote about sexual oppression and governess as malevolent force etc.. It was a bit dodgy but I think boundaries will be low cause many found it hard.
    For the poetry what did you link to? I linked I felt a Funeral and it was it death only cause I knew them haha. What did u write about them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I flopped the poetry section. i linked it to because i could not stop for death and i said that the poem is a reflection of her personal life and emotional torment and she experienced the death of her loved ones which is why she was depressed and wrote about death. i bull****ted all the through. what did you get in the coursework? x

ReputationRep:
    Tbh English is all about bull****ting and i think I got an A but the teachers won't tell us but she gave me a clue saying it's 'high' wbu? And are you dropping English next year?

ReputationRep:
    I did Jane eyre and Yeats - loved the Jane eyre question about 'rebellion and anger' but Yeats !! The poem!! -I had nothing to say about it and the question was quite difficultly worded!! I love English lit but this exam will have brought my grade crashing down

ReputationRep:
    Tbh English is all about bull****ting and i think I got an A but the teachers won't tell us but she gave me a clue saying it's 'high' wbu? And are you dropping English next year?
    yeah i got an A (just) but i don't think i did as well in the exam. No, i'm not, are you?

ReputationRep:
    Nope I'm carrying it on, hopefully the boundaries will be low (y)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielm1206)
    I did Jane Eyre, I picked the "mystery novel" question, what about you?

For poetry I did Yeats, they chose such a hard poem, it was written by him in like 1919/1920 and under the pressure of the exam I stupidly thought this was during WW1 so I wrote loads about that Does anyone know if that will significantly affect my answer, provided I answered the question well?
    I also picked the ''mystery novel' question. At first I chose the first one but then soon after starting my introduction I decided to do the second one.
    I didn't finish it though. I spent too much time on Section A. Ah well, I wrote enough (2 pages and a half) but with no conclusion (no time).

ReputationRep:
    *replies over two weeks after exam*
    General consensus being Emily Dickinson question was hard?! I found it extremely hard seen as the one poem I did'nt like and study much for came up!! Reckon boundaries will be low?? my answer was pathetic I just spoke a load of bullsh*t and probably loads of grammar errors. Last year it was 40 for a C and like 53 for an A!!hopefully will drop this year!!!

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people found this exam. I come from a sixth Form where English pass level is 98% (A-C) so the grade boundaries should be low

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, do any of you remember what was the Emily Dickinson question for June 2013 please? I can see on the examiner report that it was on 'one need not be a chamber' but what were you supposed to discuss?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.