Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This is sorta for students already at Stirling or those about to go in September...

What are the pros and cons of the uni?

I am about to make my firm and insurance choices for (Multimedia) Journalism but I am tied between Stirling and Glasgow Cali and can't decide which order to put them in...

What do you think?

[I have deferred my entry as I have accepted a Modern Apprenticeship opportunity in Edinburgh for 12 months so will be entering in September 2014]

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a sterling university. :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    Iv been told its the best in the country for media and writing courses. Glasgow is good for the socail life, night life and shopping tho its a really exiting city

ReputationRep:
    I'm heading to Stirling to do History, Politics and Professional Education and I've lived close to the uni most of my life and the campus is beautiful. There's also plenty for students to do in town .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Stirling is a nicer place to live (obviously) & Stirling is a new Uni (under 50 years) so it may improve a lot within the time you are their!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJRuairidh)
    This is sorta for students already at Stirling or those about to go in September...

What are the pros and cons of the uni?

I am about to make my firm and insurance choices for (Multimedia) Journalism but I am tied between Stirling and Glasgow Cali and can't decide which order to put them in...

What do you think?

[I have deferred my entry as I have accepted a Modern Apprenticeship opportunity in Edinburgh for 12 months so will be entering in September 2014]
    To start off with, I'm a student at the end of my first year, about to move back to Stirling for my second.

The first reason that you should choose Stirling over Glasgow Cali is that Glasgow Cali is a terrible university, that is usually amongst the 5 lowest universities in the league tables.

But, to be objective, I'll give you a bit of evaluation on Stirling as compared to Glasgow Cali

Pros: Beautiful campus, less rough area, cheaper, beautiful scenery, excellent sporting facilities, campus university.

Cons (as opposed to Cali): Less of a city vibe, night life isn't as good.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your thoughts! Particularly your comparison tufc!

I can confirm that the deadline day has now past... I have firmed Stirling for 2014 entry! ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ryan_95)
    Stirling is a nicer place to live (obviously) & Stirling is a new Uni (under 50 years) so it may improve a lot within the time you are their!
    There not their Ryan :P lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awizards49)
    There not their Ryan :P lol
    Gets me every time that prick

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.