Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey there,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section but i need a bit of knowledge on the app "Dropbox";. I want to use it for studying and was wondering if anyone has this app. How good and reliable is it? And can you use your headphones to control the play/pause button and the "next voice memo" option (where you press the button twice for the next one to play)

Thanks in advance guys

ReputationRep:
    It really is the best app going. I use it for all my school work, often when I write essays at home I save them in dropbox then I can access them at college and print them off.

Also the phone app is very good as well; if I forget to print something off I can email the file straight from my phone.

As for the voice memo thing, I'm not too sure as often only deal with word documents.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't tried the voice memo thing. But like the above poster, I find it quite helpful. Mainly because I tend to do all my revision notes on my laptop and I save all my college files in the Dropbox folder. But this means I can access those files from my phone anywhere with wi-fi access (usually college as it has wi-fi), and sometimes in lesson when I forget my folder, I can use my phone to get revision notes instead.

Generally, it's quite handy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomj45)
    It really is the best app going. I use it for all my school work, often when I write essays at home I save them in dropbox then I can access them at college and print them off.

Also the phone app is very good as well; if I forget to print something off I can email the file straight from my phone.

As for the voice memo thing, I'm not too sure as often only deal with word documents.
    Wow that sounds good! Unfortunately its not a free app that wouldve made it a 5 star app!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    I haven't tried the voice memo thing. But like the above poster, I find it quite helpful. Mainly because I tend to do all my revision notes on my laptop and I save all my college files in the Dropbox folder. But this means I can access those files from my phone anywhere with wi-fi access (usually college as it has wi-fi), and sometimes in lesson when I forget my folder, I can use my phone to get revision notes instead.

Generally, it's quite handy.
    So you need wifi to access files? 😧

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Student123)
    Wow that sounds good! Unfortunately its not a free app that wouldve made it a 5 star app!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Dropbox is free! Or at least it was last I checked. I personally just use it for syncing everyday stuff across my laptop/phone, my college system doesn't allow Dropbox or other file transfer sites through. But it's still immensely useful for revision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielnkwocha)
    Dropbox is free! Or at least it was last I checked. I personally just use it for syncing everyday stuff across my laptop/phone, my college system doesn't allow Dropbox or other file transfer sites through. But it's still immensely useful for revision.
    Haha yeah it is but theres another app mainly for voice memos called dropbox.- dropvox.. lol its all confusing!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well I don't know about dropVOX but DropBOX is as good as it gets IMO!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Student123)
    So you need wifi to access files?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can open files in advance when you have wifi and once they are opened, they are actually downloaded. Then you'll be open to the same files without wifi access. But to access new updated files, you need to be connected to the internet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomj45)
    Well I don't know about dropVOX but DropBOX is as good as it gets IMO!
    😜

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryl)
    You can open files in advance when you have wifi and once they are opened, they are actually downloaded. Then you'll be open to the same files without wifi access. But to access new updated files, you need to be connected to the internet.
    Oh right i get that now! Thanks for the help

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.