Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    There seems to be a PGCE thread and a Teach First thread but nothing for us School Direct people!

I thought it might be good if we can share who we are, where we'll be training and what subject? Should be able to make some useful contacts

I'm going to be doing School Direct MFL (Spanish and French) with a school in Southend Essex, getting a PGCE from Canterbury Christ Church uni.

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    I'm doing Secondary English MFL with a school in Leeds. My PGCE is awarded by Bradford College.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shelly_x)
    Hello,
    I'm doing Secondary English MFL with a school in Leeds. My PGCE is awarded by Bradford College.
    English MFL? Is this English as a second Language? or you're doing English and MFL?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonjour.la.classe)
    English MFL? Is this English as a second Language? or you're doing English and MFL?
    Ignore that, in my sleep-deprived state I typed wrong. Just Secondary English

ReputationRep:
    Ignore that, in my sleep-deprived state I typed wrong. Just Secondary English
    Haha, I guessed so, either that or some area I'd never heard of :P

ReputationRep:
    We've got a group going on on the TES website now for everyone doing School Direct, just search School Direct 2013 in the community bit and you should find us

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting school direct (salaried) at Fulwell Infants in Sunderland this September :-)

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting School Direct (salaried) at a school in the West Midlands. I'm doing it in computer science/ICT.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I've got a place on School direct salaried starting in September with MMU. I will be working in a school where I have previously been employed. I will have full responsibility for a class of children from the first day back in September. Is anyone else in the same position? Just looking to find out if I'm just mad or there are other mad people out there!

ReputationRep:
    Yep I'll be starting in September with Bradford College, based at a school in Leeds. I won't have full responsiblity when I first get there though... seems rather extreme!

ReputationRep:
    Ahh..glad to have found someone at last! Yeah I'm thinking it is a little extreme, have the advantage of having worked there for 5 years so at least I know the way things are done. Slightly nerve racking though! What year group will you be teaching?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Georgina24)
    Ahh..glad to have found someone at last! Yeah I'm thinking it is a little extreme, have the advantage of having worked there for 5 years so at least I know the way things are done. Slightly nerve racking though! What year group will you be teaching?
    I've visited the school a few times now and I like my first impressions so hopefully it will be good! There are a couple of threads on here already with people doing schools direct too I'm doing secondary English, teaching years 7, 8, 9 and 10. I start out observing for the first couple of weeks and then get moved into teaching slowly, by doing starters etc in the lesson. The school has a great track reputation for training teachers so I think I'm in good hands

ReputationRep:
    I've visited the school a few times now and I like my first impressions so hopefully it will be good! There are a couple of threads on here already with people doing schools direct too I'm doing secondary English, teaching years 7, 8, 9 and 10. I start out observing for the first couple of weeks and then get moved into teaching slowly, by doing starters etc in the lesson. The school has a great track reputation for training teachers so I think I'm in good hands
    That sounds interesting shelly, seems like you will get a good range of experience. I'm doing primary and I've got a year one class. They are lovely but very low ability so that shall be challenging in itself

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting on a SCITT course on September 3rd - does that count?

ReputationRep:
    Hiya athena, of course it counts.. It's just a slightly different route that's all. What year group will you be teaching?

ReputationRep:
    I'm starting school Direct in September in a school in Stoke-on-Trent and I'll be going to Manchester Met

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing secondary science (physics) via the MML Partnership, it includes a PGCE and also 120 masters credits so it will be a busy year for me. I gained my degree 20 years ago so have some revising to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else on the schools direct programme 2013?? Any have you had any pre course essays?

Any help and info would be great don't know anyone on the course Rebecca

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beckzfother)
    Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else on the schools direct programme 2013?? Any have you had any pre course essays?

Any help and info would be great don't know anyone on the course Rebecca
    You haven't mentioned where you're doing schools direct so it's going to be hard for people to answer. I'm going to merge this thread with the existing schools direct thread.

ReputationRep:
    Merged all three schools direct threads together, to save confusion.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.