Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am in Year 12 at the moment, and I really like this guy and I am pretty sure he likes me too, from all the little clues and hints he has given me. But he has yet to ask me out or anything, what I was wondering was if he does, should I even say yes?

This may seem stupid, but what I really mean is that if it lasts until next year, all it means is a load of heartache, as we separate of to different unis; and the eventual breakup which will bring a lot of unnecessary **** to the first year of uni, which will be already overwhelming. So is it worth it getting attached to someone for this coming year only to know that it's doomed to fail?

Thanks for any replies.

*BUMP* Please, can someone help with my predicament.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about you but if the person I liked asked me out, I would say yes.

But if you don't think he's worth it, I'd say no.

ReputationRep:
    It depends really. How well do you know this guy? If you know him pretty well and you can see yourself making it work in the long run then yeah go for it if you're willing to be apart. It's a bit of a tough one really :/ I think I was in your situation, considering he hasn't mentioned it I'd probably let it slide. There are so many people at uni who will have the same interests as you and you might find someone you perhaps like more? If that happened, and you were going out with this guy from college it would get a bit messy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If you think you will break up you have already thrown in the towel. Don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    Just because you may be going to different Unis doesn't mean it definitely won't work or the relationship will end. Provided you both make an effort there's no reason to say no simply because you fear something a year down the line.

ReputationRep:
    You could be throwing away something that could turn out to be very special. If you like him, say yes! Don't think about the future when the time comes you will always find ways to get passed obstacles. Imagine if you end up saying no and you just stay friends and in time he gets with another girl and you've fallen for him but by then it's too late? You don't want to be thinking what if...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the whole, 'we're going to different uni's so I don't want the heartache'. There's still 3-4 months you can spend having a great time even if you do part ways! Wouldn't you rather look back fondly on a great time of your life, or be filled with the "what if" situation. Hell, tomorrow isn't promised, if you like him go for it, it could turn out to be really quite special!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.