Hi all, had a few months thinking about universities, even though it's at least 12 months until I go, but hey ho it's never too early or late perhaps!?. Basically I'm having real troubles as to what route to go down, it's between BA Arts or BA Graphic Design and I'm wanting some help, but to help you help me i'll list some points below;
- Currently have A's in Art, Graphics and Media.
- I love art more however feel the oppurtunity of Jobs where I live (Guernsey) would be limited.
- I love branding, I would absolutely love to design identities for brands however I feel I'd have to do more than just branding at university like with the A levels course, involving not only the design side but all the other, time consuming and rather boring aspects as well as the price of software like Photoshop and Illustrator and having to update to newer technology as and when it evolves.
- Art is my preferred choice of route however I still haven't discovered a distinctive style, which I'm told I should start to at least think about it.
I suppose these points could define my ideas, and hopefully allow for someone to point me in the right direction.
- I love A level Art.
- I don't love A level Graphics. - Will this be the same at university!?
(And while I'm on the subject, any good universities I could apply for and would enjoy along with taking into account my grades?)
100s of personal statements examples here