Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just something I was wondering really
    If you had stripped/table dancing etc. Would you say.. Put it down on a CV for experience with people maybe?
    Or would you rather not say anything to a future employer?
    If you have considered doing it does the idea of mentioning it as your last job if you move put you off doing it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla)
    Just something I was wondering really
    If you had stripped/table dancing etc. Would you say.. Put it down on a CV for experience with people maybe?
    Or would you rather not say anything to a future employer?
    If you have considered doing it does the idea of mentioning it as your last job if you move put you off doing it?
    If you do this, your CV will be pinned to the office noticeboard and people will laugh. And you will not get the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    If you do this, your CV will be pinned to the office noticeboard and people will laugh. And you will not get the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because strip tease requires no dedication, talent or ability right?

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit of a risk, because stripping is very divisive - interviewers and employers will vary massively in how they see it. Some will think it's valuabe experience, some will think it's seedy. It has the potential to produce extreme reactions either way, although hopefully this will be tempered if more than one person gets to see your application.

What sort of jobs are you going for?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Reminds me of when at my work experience they were reading some bodies CV. For the strengths they wrote: "I have a keen I for mistakes"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Whatever skills stripping may require, you'd have to have a very open minded employer to see the positive sides. There are SO many other jobs where you could gain experience with people - and everyone else is going to have experience working with other people, so why would an employer choose someone who could (a) possibly be googled by a client and found to have been a stripped, or (b) be recognised by a client who frequents strip clubs.

Unless you are looking to work in the stripping industry, then this is not something that should ever be found on a CV for a vaguely respectable job.

I really hope that this is a troll thread.

ReputationRep:
    Whatever skills stripping may require, you'd have to have a very open minded employer to see the positive sides. There are SO many other jobs where you could gain experience with people - and everyone else is going to have experience working with other people, so why would an employer choose someone who could (a) possibly be googled by a client and found to have been a stripped, or (b) be recognised by a client who frequents strip clubs.

Unless you are looking to work in the stripping industry, then this is not something that should ever be found on a CV for a vaguely respectable job.

I really hope that this is a troll thread.
    So you'd rather have a gap in your CV than admit to strip tease? How would you explain that gap? Are you also suggesting that people who have stripped would be discriminated against when looking for employment?

Why should it be a troll thread? People strip for money after all!

ReputationRep:
    So you'd rather have a gap in your CV than admit to strip tease? How would you explain that gap? Are you also suggesting that people who have stripped would be discriminated against when looking for employment?

Why should it be a troll thread? People strip for money after all!
    Yes, I'd rather have a gap on my CV. I'd either put it down as unemployment or time spent caring for a family member - because either is preferable to admitting to stripping. Yes, I'm suggesting that people who have stripped will be discriminated against when looking for other employment - and it's entirely legal to do so, just as people discriminate because of academic performance or weight etc. etc.

Of course people strip for money. I just hope that it's a troll thread because I like to think that no one is naive enough to think that stripping will be viewed as just another job.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I know, many clubs are happy to provide a reference referring to the lady (or gentleman) as either bar staff or a hostess. They realise the problem. Both are accurate job descriptions, so it isn't fraud.

In an ideal world it wouldn't matter, but unfortunately people do tend to make judgements. I would always use 'bar staff' rather than stripper because of that.

ReputationRep:
    just say it was bar work - no need to mention the stripping. And if they want a reference just ask the reference not to mention the removal of clothes

ReputationRep:
    This is not a troll thread this is a serious question. I also posted it in part time employment section when it was quiet in this section. So yes it's a genuine question and thankyou for respondes. I agree with an above poster that surely a gap in your cv looks worse than stripping?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Octohedral)
    It's a bit of a risk, because stripping is very divisive - interviewers and employers will vary massively in how they see it. Some will think it's valuabe experience, some will think it's seedy. It has the potential to produce extreme reactions either way, although hopefully this will be tempered if more than one person gets to see your application.

What sort of jobs are you going for?
    I know it could be risky but for just your everyday office job? What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    And I was thinking along the lines of communication and general people skills too?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I'd rather have a gap on my CV. I'd either put it down as unemployment or time spent caring for a family member - because either is preferable to admitting to stripping. Yes, I'm suggesting that people who have stripped will be discriminated against when looking for other employment - and it's entirely legal to do so, just as people discriminate because of academic performance or weight etc. etc.

Of course people strip for money. I just hope that it's a troll thread because I like to think that no one is naive enough to think that stripping will be viewed as just another job.
    I assure you I never troll - this is a genuine question. I asked it in part time employment too and it seemed to be more successful a thread there. Hence why it is repeated there. But I repeat - I am not a troll

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.