Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Hi, the question in my exam asked me to advise policymakers on how to increase Investment whilst keeping GDP constant.

    Being the idiot I am for some reason in the exam I thought to increase Investment you had to increase the interest rate.

    Therefore I advised them to use a Contractionary Monetary and Expansionary Fiscal. Finished the exam spoke to my friends and realised that I'd made a real bad mistake and in fact you have to do the complete opposite of what I advised.

    The question was worth half the paper at 50 marks. I detailed how ISLM works, how variables are affected perfectly for the first part of my answer, but then as I advised the wrong policy, do you guys think I could still get a decent mark, say up to 50% for that question or something? I did the describing and explaining, just didn't put it to effect.

    The second half of the exam went well and I think I've got at least 60-70% for that so overall if I get 25% in total for the first question, even though I advised them wrong, and 30% in total for the second question that would still mean an overall 55%. I would get a 2:2. Really worried though that I will get a bad mark for the first question and then the good mark in the second question will not be enough to save me. Someone help me out?

    Thanks
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.