The Student Room Group

Starting First Year Again

I've just about finished my first year of university and everything about it was wrong. I hated my course, my uni, pretty much all of it. With that in mind, I've done pretty awfully. For this year, I've obviously had student finance.
I'm curious as to whether it's possible to apply for student finance to do my first year all over, and still get the support for my second and third year - so effectively I'd get four years of Student Finance.
Possible or not?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Yes it is possible. Student finance will give you money for the duration of the course plus 1 year, minus any years already had.
Reply 2
Original post by Zottula
Yes it is possible. Student finance will give you money for the duration of the course plus 1 year, minus any years already had.

So to get this straight, if I start all over again now, I'll still get three years of student finance?
Reply 3
Original post by lucystackhouse
So to get this straight, if I start all over again now, I'll still get three years of student finance?

If you have only had one year then yes. Student finance allow for that extra 1 year of funding because many people have false starts or have to retake a year.
Reply 4
Original post by Zottula
If you have only had one year then yes. Student finance allow for that extra 1 year of funding because many people have false starts or have to retake a year.

Thanks very much! Really helpful, now I can finally sort things out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending