Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello hello all.

Before I went travelling I found this forum very useful and I now need your opinions if you'd be so kind.

I wrote a diary whilst travelling and I'm now thinking about writing it up into a book. I've put a summary and the first chapter up on the link below but need to know whether it grabs your interest and what you think of it in general. If it's any good I've got a few more chapters to put up, and if after that the feedback is still positive well I'll just keep going.

It's all true by the way.

Let me know what you think. The more detailed the feedback the better. Cheers!!

http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/bo...?book_ID=30123

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johno090)
    Hello hello all.

Before I went travelling I found this forum very useful and I now need your opinions if you'd be so kind.

I wrote a diary whilst travelling and I'm now thinking about writing it up into a book. I've put a summary and the first chapter up on the link below but need to know whether it grabs your interest and what you think of it in general. If it's any good I've got a few more chapters to put up, and if after that the feedback is still positive well I'll just keep going.

It's all true by the way.

Let me know what you think. The more detailed the feedback the better. Cheers!!

http://www.worthyofpublishing.com/bo...?book_ID=30123
    I'll be honest.

The summary section is really bad. Either change it or delete it entirely.

The chapter itself is quite good. It needs some editing, and a few things like your "first travel adventure at 12 weeks old" line sounds daft, but I was kept amused by quite a few lines - especially your dad's 'convenient' trip to Naples.

I hope you don't mind me saying you're not a naturally brilliant writer, so it won't be getting published. But it's funny, you may get a few online reads, and it's good enough to persevere with.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if it's just the mood I'm in but I kinda got bored..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by playingcards)
    I'll be honest.

The summary section is really bad. Either change it or delete it entirely.

The chapter itself is quite good. It needs some editing, and a few things like your "first travel adventure at 12 weeks old" line sounds daft, but I was kept amused by quite a few lines - especially your dad's 'convenient' trip to Naples.

I hope you don't mind me saying you're not a naturally brilliant writer, so it won't be getting published. But it's funny, you may get a few online reads, and it's good enough to persevere with.
    Perfect. Just the sort of feedback I was looking for, thank you! + rep for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pizzle223)
    I'm not sure if it's just the mood I'm in but I kinda got bored..
    Is this the sort of book that you'd normally read?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.