The Student Room Group

STRIPPING: Mention as Past Career?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by peter12345
Say you worked in "club entertainment services" Simple. That would actually sound good because they would look at that and say "she has good people skills"

Hey - sounds pretty good :smile:
I agree that conveys the right amount of skills they would be looking for without it necessarily screaming "stripper" :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 21
However much people deny judging, there's still stigma attached to having jobs disregarded by the majority. It's not your fault, only narrow-minded ones are likely to think that way. As long as you're a taxpayer and don't bother anyone financially, what's the problem? Unfortunately, I wouldn't suggest you mention your last job in the cv, unless the vacancy you're looking for is part of the same area (dancing or something similar). If the employer insists on finding out more about your past, it would be advisable to say that you took up modern dancing as a hobby. :smile:
Original post by The_Last_Melon
You understand what generally sells.

Ahhh I see what you're driving at ..
Original post by Subbi
However much people deny judging, there's still stigma attached to having jobs disregarded by the majority. It's not your fault, only narrow-minded ones are likely to think that way. As long as you're a taxpayer and don't bother anyone financially, what's the problem? Unfortunately, I wouldn't suggest you mention your last job in the cv, unless the vacancy you're looking for is part of the same area (dancing or something similar). If the employer insists on finding out more about your past, it would be advisable to say that you took up modern dancing as a hobby. :smile:

I agree with what you say as at the end of the day - a job is still a job.
Haha... Modern dancing :tongue: I'll have to remember that one as well! (Y)
Reply 24
Original post by BlahBlaBlahBla
What do you mean by this? :smile:

Sorry, I don't get the confusion?
I said I wouldn't mention it on a CV.
I don't know if strippers are generally above average attractiveness (speaking internationally, not in the UK), but if you are, your looks will speak for themselves at an interview or through a CV photo.
Reply 25
If I was your potential employer, I would definitely employ you.
Original post by Millie228
Sorry, I don't get the confusion?
I said I wouldn't mention it on a CV.
I don't know if strippers are generally above average attractiveness (speaking internationally, not in the UK), but if you are, your looks will speak for themselves at an interview or through a CV photo.

Sorry I should have made it clear that I didn't understand the second bit ofyour response. Thankyou for clearing it up, nonetheless :smile:
Original post by Namige
If I was your potential employer, I would definitely employ you.

Based solely on the previous job or as a result of the skills gained through it?
Reply 28
Based solely on the previous job or as a result of the skills gained through it?

Maybe this will answer your question:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/9918494/Banker-who-earned-750000-a-year-was-only-hired-for-her-body-tribunal-hears.html
Reply 29
And it obviously depends on what sorts of jobs you are applying for too.
Put down "cock rigidity technician". :holmes:
Original post by Tackla
And it obviously depends on what sorts of jobs you are applying for too.

Good point :smile: so an unrelated job you feel it is best not to mention it to?
Original post by MancStudent098
Put down "cock rigidity technician". :holmes:

Oh dear :/ if asked to elaborate on that job role I wouldn't know what to say :tongue:
Reply 34
If you call it 'dancing' then it will be a tiny bit more appropriate then 'stripper'. Why not in that case?
are you applying to be a home decorator/ furnisher?
Reply 36
In your personal ppinion do you feel if they knew you were a stripper opposed to say a barworker in there that an employer may frown upon it? :smile:

It depends what you're applying for - If it's in an office or something more formal and professional then I wouldn't risk it because some people do have opinions on things like stripping. You might disagree with their opinions but at the end of the day you're trying to get a job and you don't want to say anything that has a risk of being frowned upon.
Original post by seamuskatt
are you applying to be a home decorator/ furnisher?

Nope haha :tongue: why?
Original post by abc:)
It depends what you're applying for - If it's in an office or something more formal and professional then I wouldn't risk it because some people do have opinions on things like stripping. You might disagree with their opinions but at the end of the day you're trying to get a job and you don't want to say anything that has a risk of being frowned upon.

Good advice :smile: thankyou
'Dancer' is tad more appropriate

Quick Reply

Latest