Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which battle in Skyrim is your favourite? Watch

ReputationRep:
    This is my favourite:
    when i was in bleak falls barrow in that dragonstone quest, i had what was the longest one-on-one battle ever, which lasted for 15-20 minutes. i was battling the dungeon boss, that fus ro dah-spamming draugr overlord and boy he was resilient and strong. i lost about 30-40% health for each blow he made (i was only level 5 at the time) and i ran out of health potions, so i went around the room while regenerating. just when i was about to die, i managed to hit him one more time and then i leveled up. by the time i leveled up, he had less than half health left, so i finished him off by shield-bashing and slashing him.
    Anyone else had such an equally epic battle?

ReputationRep:
    I was expecting the final Alduin battle to be a little more epic than it was; I actually preferred the first battle with him on the Throat of the World. Fighting through Labyrinthian in the Mages Guild quest was pretty badass, but my favourite thing to witness has got to be whenever my character is fighting a dragon and climbs onto the back of their neck to finally kill them.

ReputationRep:
    i'm level 22 and i've just killed a draugr deathlord without a shield and only equipped with the dawnbreaker along with a vampire fledgling yesterday in Potema's refuge. beat that!

My archer hit Mercer Frey (Thieves' Guild questline) right between the eyes with an arrow when my health was down to a sliver about 2 pixels wide (with no healing items left, on a self-enforced "no spells" character). That was pretty epic. It did a killcam and everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sohail96)
    i'm level 22 and i've just killed a draugr deathlord without a shield and only equipped with the dawnbreaker along with a vampire fledgling yesterday in Potema's refuge. beat that!
    depends on what difficulty setting you had..

ReputationRep:
    The bit in the Dawngaurd dlc where those two dragons come up through the ice is really cool and cinematic, I ended up getting that thing where your character jumps on the dragon's head and kills it, as we both went over the waterfall.

ReputationRep:
    That fight with the legendary mage kage

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakeless)
    depends on what difficulty setting you had..
    can't remember but due to the fact that he disarmed me unexpected i got three-shotted by his ebony war axe through my superior dwarven armor and when i did kill him i used two vigorous healing potions and one minor healing potion so it was pretty tough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sohail96)
    can't remember but due to the fact that he disarmed me unexpected i got three-shotted by his ebony war axe through my superior dwarven armor and when i did kill him i used two vigorous healing potions and one minor healing potion so it was pretty tough
    those ebony weapons are a pain in the ass.

ReputationRep:
    THREE dragons attacked the College of Winterhold and the whole college took 'em both on (Unbound Dremora joined in) . I had also used the glitch to get extra followers and gave them Summon Storm Atronach staves. There were about 25 people on my side. It was crazy.(All done on Legendary difficulty)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArounaF)
    THREE dragons attacked the College of Winterhold and the whole college took 'em both on (Unbound Dremora joined in) . I had also used the glitch to get extra followers and gave them Summon Storm Atronach staves. There were about 25 people on my side. It was crazy.(All done on Legendary difficulty)
    How do you get extra followers?

ReputationRep:
    Probably the battles involving me and shopkeepers when they get annoyed because I steal things. I only steal them because their prices are way too high anyway :hmpf:

ReputationRep:
    Legendary difficulty is equivalent to oblivions easy setting

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When I was like level 12 and got attacked by a troll. This was on expert difficulty and I was playing as a mage. For some reason I had not bought fire spells and ended up running around slashing at the troll with a lightning-enchanted dagger for about 10mins... It was an epic duel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr Pesto)
    How do you get extra followers?
    You need to have completed the Dark Brotherhood questline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgilY...e_gdata_player

ReputationRep:
    Dovahkiin vs Alduin both on the Throat of the World and in Sovngaurde was pretty amazing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucien23)
    Legendary difficulty is equivalent to oblivions easy setting

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I played Skyrim before I played Oblivion, can't believe how much more difficult it is!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cakeless)
    I played Skyrim before I played Oblivion, can't believe how much more difficult it is!
    Oblivion is undoubtedly the best game ever. I waited five years for Skyrim and was bitterly disappointed.
    Gotta say, I miss 'STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM' most of all...:-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kat12395)
    Oblivion is undoubtedly the best game ever. I waited five years for Skyrim and was bitterly disappointed.
    Gotta say, I miss 'STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM' most of all...:-(
    Morrowind tops it in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucien23)
    Morrowind tops it in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
    'twas a lot better than Skyrim for sure, but I liked the humour about Oblivion, I guess? Maybe that's just delirium, because you spend the whole game trying to save a guy who ends up sacrificing himself...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.