Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

awkward situation with my p.e teacher, help!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Ok so basically all of the girls in my school are doing p.e short course for gcse but I refused because I hate p.e, and my parents said that since it's a short course it's pretty useless so it'd be a lot more beneficial if I were to do another full gcse course. so I am; another language - Japanese outside of school so I have to teach myself it.
    Anyway, my p.e teacher said this is fine and right back in September we made an agreement that whenever the girls were doing the theory part of p.e, I'd go into the library and study Japanese but I'd still have to come to the practical lessons regardless if I'm doing a gcse in it or not. This went fine for the 7 weeks that they were doing theory but that ended in like Jan time and ever since I never bothered going to the practicals (like I was supposed to), except for once in February after she found me in the corridor and told me I'd have to come - at this point she probably thought I didn't know they had started practicals again, so it was ok.
    however that lesson was simply pointless for me, a total horrid experience "playing" hockey. It was basically terrible so ever since I never went to the practicals again and basically 'wagged' them in either the library or in the lounge with one of my friends also 'wagging'. In early march she found me in the corridor again and asked why I stopped coming and I told her I had mentoring during her lesson time and she was ok with that - probably cause I had to rush off to an exam.
    However these past few weeks it's been especially awkward, I basically avoid her in the corridors and she probably has noticed but never said anything. today however she made direct eye contact with me in the hall whilst she was on break time duty and I quickly rushed off, sighing with relief and after that I basically thought that she'd let me off thinking there's no point in me going to her lessons anyway if I'm not doing the gcse. Boy was I wrong! Because after break I was in my English lesson doing my literature assessment when her head pops through the door asking for me. My English teacher must've been pissed off so then she hands my English teacher a blue note to hand to me. I read it and it says: 'you must come to p.e tomorrow.' with the 'must' underlined! I read it, look up at her and nod and then she goes away! OMG HOW AWKARD. I don't understand why in the hall she didn't just speak to me but instead went to the trouble of finding out which lesson I was and the room, etc. But above all, how awkward is it gonna be tomorrow?!?! I was thinking of not going AGAIN and coming into school a bit later as p.e is my second lesson but I'd probably have to go face it some time anyway, right?! What do I say to her when she asks why I haven't been coming??? Someone please help! I'm naturally a nervous wreck and she's so scary and ugly - looks like a horse!
    Help guys! And sorry for the ridiculously, long and illiterate post!
    Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    I can't read this without paragraphs.

ReputationRep:
    It's PE, don't threat about it as most people scive once in a while. Just go to PE tomorrow and attempt to participate or get your mum to write a note saying how you've got knee problems (go onto NHS direct to get a proper condition to make it seem legit) and how sports makes it worse.

Then again, be thankful that you've got out of doing the GCSE as most people have to do sports (I believe its actually law for children to do it?) and it's pretty good if you give it a chance. Personally, I think you should suck it up and just do it, the PE teacher probably doesn't care and doesn't find it awkward- you're just another skiver to her.

Have fun!

ReputationRep:
    why don't you just go to p.e instead of hanging around in corridors and libraries with your friend? I understand that you "hate p.e" but i hated photography but still showed up to it. If you just go to the p.e lesson it will be less stress, less hassle and actually less awkward than if you miss the lesson again. If you are adamant that you don't want to turn up to p.e, then stop "wagging" in corridors and libraries and actually do the Japanese work that you said that you would do in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    *mumble grumble*allergic to sweat and running around*mumble grumble*

It's PE. It's running around for an hour. Get over yourself.

Think a short course is worthless? So are any qualifications if you die early from being an horrendously unfit pile of fat.

Just go. If she asks why you've been there try something we grown ups call "honesty".

ReputationRep:
    From the title I thought this was gunna be some sort of sexual connection story but anyway, it's PE **** it

ReputationRep:
    Paragraphs are your friend, as are men in white vans who promise you a world of ice lollies and ice cream!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OkashiAddict)
    Ok so basically all of the girls in my school are doing p.e short course for gcse but I refused because I hate p.e, and my parents said that since it's a short course it's pretty useless so it'd be a lot more beneficial if I were to do another full gcse course. so I am; another language - Japanese outside of school so I have to teach myself it.

Anyway, my p.e teacher said this is fine and right back in September we made an agreement that whenever the girls were doing the theory part of p.e, I'd go into the library and study Japanese but I'd still have to come to the practical lessons regardless if I'm doing a gcse in it or not. This went fine for the 7 weeks that they were doing theory but that ended in like Jan time and ever since I never bothered going to the practicals (like I was supposed to), except for once in February after she found me in the corridor and told me I'd have to come - at this point she probably thought I didn't know they had started practicals again, so it was ok.

however that lesson was simply pointless for me, a total horrid experience "playing" hockey. It was basically terrible so ever since I never went to the practicals again and basically 'wagged' them in either the library or in the lounge with one of my friends also 'wagging'. In early march she found me in the corridor again and asked why I stopped coming and I told her I had mentoring during her lesson time and she was ok with that - probably cause I had to rush off to an exam.
    However these past few weeks it's been especially awkward, I basically avoid her in the corridors and she probably has noticed but never said anything. today however she made direct eye contact with me in the hall whilst she was on break time duty and I quickly rushed off, sighing with relief and after that I basically thought that she'd let me off thinking there's no point in me going to her lessons anyway if I'm not doing the gcse.

Boy was I wrong! Because after break I was in my English lesson doing my literature assessment when her head pops through the door asking for me. My English teacher must've been pissed off so then she hands my English teacher a blue note to hand to me. I read it and it says: 'you must come to p.e tomorrow.' with the 'must' underlined! I read it, look up at her and nod and then she goes away! OMG HOW AWKARD.

I don't understand why in the hall she didn't just speak to me but instead went to the trouble of finding out which lesson I was and the room, etc. But above all, how awkward is it gonna be tomorrow?!?! I was thinking of not going AGAIN and coming into school a bit later as p.e is my second lesson but I'd probably have to go face it some time anyway, right?! What do I say to her when she asks why I haven't been coming???

Someone please help! I'm naturally a nervous wreck and she's so scary and ugly - looks like a horse!
    Help guys! And sorry for the ridiculously, long and illiterate post!
    Thanks! x
    paragraphs added

its your fault!!

ReputationRep:
    That's not an awkward situation, it's a commonplace interaction between students and teachers. Go if you want to, don't go if you don't. Why not be honest? Say you don't want to do it.

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents that she's tormenting you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gomg)
    From the title I thought this was gunna be some sort of sexual connection story but anyway, it's PE **** it
    LOOOOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanb97)
    paragraphs added

its your fault!!
    Much appreciated, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't have bunked off lessons you agreed to do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.