Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Just wondering if anyone would give any revision notes or tips for the exams? ;D

Thanks
    x'o

ReputationRep:
    Well, obviously you know about making notes but I tend to do mine from the text book with reference to my class notes rather than the other way around. Then when I get closer to the exam I make index cards with more condensed notes on.
    But to remember longer processes and things I find it really helpful to make up funny/ weird stories and stuff, my current favorite:

If you BREAK IN (break bonds, put energy in) you go to prison which is the END (ENDothermic reaction) of your life, which is POSITIVE (postivie enthalpy change) for the rest of us, and in prison you eat COLD (endothermic reactions feel cold) porridge.

If you MAKE OUT (make bonds, energy is given out) with you're HOT (endothermic reactions feel hot) EX-boyfriend (exothermic reaction) that's NEGATIVE (negative enthalpy change).

I know it's weird but it's how I remember things. I hope it helps, or at least makes you laugh.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.