Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hii! So soon I will be putting in my college application but I'm not certain on my A levels - so far I have 3/4 decided. I would like to take history, sociology and health and social care
    So basically I hate science!! Maths is bearable but not a considerable choice for me!! I am looking to do an early years teacher degree at uni, I know english would look good, I used to like English and i was going to take it but lately not so much that's why I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any suggestions that might suit me? Please help!! thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't do a subject you don't like or are not particularly good at as it will only be harder at A level, and do something you enjoy - as for English you could do literature or language - which ever you prefer if you think you need it. The main thing is to do subjects you like and are willing to put the work into, as there's no point in doing a subject you're not to keen on just because you think that it'll look good.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I'm not sure what else I would take if I didn't take english though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Psychology goes with Sociology well if that's something that interests you! The two overlap a bit at times- I do Psychology, Sociology, History and English Lit! Have you looked at the different units you do in the courses for English? Maybe that'll help you decide which English you'd prefer to do etc. ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fearless97)
    Hii! So soon I will be putting in my college application but I'm not certain on my A levels - so far I have 3/4 decided. I would like to take history, sociology and health and social care
    So basically I hate science!! Maths is bearable but not a considerable choice for me!! I am looking to do an early years teacher degree at uni, I know english would look good, I used to like English and i was going to take it but lately not so much that's why I don't know what else to do, does anyone have any suggestions that might suit me? Please help!! thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hi
    i take english lit, classics, sociology and french. i absolutely love classics and that goes well if you do history, sociology's also great. i find french really hard but im dropping it at the end of this year. i also really want to do english lit with creative writing as a degree so thumbs up for english the one thing id say about english though is you have to be prepared to put the effort in to do the wider reading
    my friend wants to be a primary teacher and she says she has to take a core subject (english, maths or science) but it mite be different for early years
    as many people have said definitely do something you think you'll enjoy, thats the main thing, and try not to panic to much about making "the right" decision

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for all your replies so what is classics?? What does it involve??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fearless97)
    Thanks for all your replies so what is classics?? What does it involve??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not a lot of places offer it

Psychology might be a good choice like someone else said. You could always pick random subject though that you enjoy but doesn't have anything to do with the others.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.