Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey, i'm getting really fed up with work these days, i'm a casual and they constantly use and abuse me while filling me with false promises,

A few weeks ago i received a phone call from my manager stating that there was a full time job opening and that if i kept my head down it could be mine, the next day i went into work to find out that he already gave the job to someone else (who had an expired license and shouldn't have been there in the first place).

Next thing i find out that he gave the next job to another casual. Bear in mind that these 2 people have far less experience in the job than i have.

I found out today that the reason i never got these jobs was because a co-worker told my manager that the only reason i am there is for the money. I admit, i did say that, i'm still trying to bring my head around why anyone else goes to work? lol

There has been a lot of stuff that has been done to me but this is the latest and it's starting to get to me, i'm far better than this job but just never get a break in life!

Any advice would be appreciated, i'm thinking of joining a union.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.