Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Something to do in China? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

I'm going travelling in just under 2 weeks to South East Asia. I was planning on going to Indonesia and Philippines for 4 weeks, and then spend 5 weeks in Thailand/Cambodia/Laos.

However, I've really gone off the idea of going to Thailand, and have developed a strong urge to spend the 5 weeks in China instead. The culture, food and language all really appeal to me, and I think it would offer a much more interesting and worthwhile experience.

Howevever, that said, it would mean going by myself as opposed to with friends, so I would only really consider it if I had some sort of iternary and something worthwhile to do. I appreciate this is all very last minute, but has anyone done anything really cool in China that they would recommend, or does anyone have any ideas of something I could do? A job for instance, or somewhere to volunteer, or perhaps doing a foreign language course somewhere.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated!

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    The BBQ is AMAZING.

I agree, I would never go to Thailand, the amount of tourists that suspiciously die or commit suicide their is ridiculous, not to mention the jet ski scams etc. Especially in Pattaya. My friends been there and he told me alot.

Visiting the Red Square is a must, they made it larger than the Russian Red Square, as you do.. Theres still pictures of Mao all around.

The food is amazing, the great wall of china etc, Shanghai is amazing, Hong Kong is amazing.

If you're looking for a job, im not certain but id guess Shanghai or Hong Kong are the best places, the language their is pretty much english.

I would also suggest visiting Singapore, again, another place where loads of people speak english.

Overall China and SEA is AMAZING.

ReputationRep:
    Eat rice

ReputationRep:
    The Chinese New Year or Lunar New Year is the most important holiday. More interesting things in chine are Great wall of Chine, Shanghai Jade Buddha Temple, Banpo Museum in Xian, Tiananmen Square, Zhangjiajie National Forest Park and more. Tea is one of a popular drink in Chine. There is so much things to visit.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.