Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

When will England next win the World Cup? watch

ReputationRep:
    Realistically? My parent's country is Bangladesh & I doubt they'll even qualify for the WC anytime soon & they prefer Cricket anyway, so just give me a year guys? I wanna see my country win the WC at least once in my lifetime :moon:

ReputationRep:
    We will definitely win it before Scotland do.

ReputationRep:
    As long as the infrastructure of football development remains the way it is at the moment, never. We have some top class facilities and coaches in England once you get to a certain level but the talent from grass roots football upwards isn't always given the chance to develop the way they are in other countries. With major investment and a major sustainable change of attitude to the sport, over the course of several decades, its possible that England could create a top international team.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want to see your country win the World Cup again soon, I'd advise emigrating to Germany. Or pick a different sport.

ReputationRep:
    If WWIII ever happens and England survives they may have a chance to win it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    As long as the infrastructure of football development remains the way it is at the moment, never. We have some top class facilities and coaches in England once you get to a certain level but the talent from grass roots football upwards isn't always given the chance to develop the way they are in other countries. With major investment and a major sustainable change of attitude to the sport, over the course of several decades, its possible that England could create a top international team.
    True, we need to start planting the seeds now for a fruitful harvest of English talent in the future. I guess the success of the Premier league is a curse, the revenue generated is going to the pockets of mercenaries rather than academies and grass roots football.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.