Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How would you go about telling an artist that he needs to improve his hygiene?

I got a tattoo, then 10days later, red and white spots on it, and then it started spreading around my body.

I went to see a dermatologist who took some sample and told me she suspects that the needles were infected, because whatever illness(still waiting for the test results) I have, it travel through my blood. Quite scary!

Thanks for your thoughts

ReputationRep:
    Report them to your local council's health and safety department. Hopefully they will at least do an inspection.

ReputationRep:
    that is potentially very dangerous, hopefully with you you can clear whatever disease you have up, but imagine in the future, he could kill someone with poor hygiene. like the above poster said, report him. very serious issue.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Report them to your local council's health and safety department. Hopefully they will at least do an inspection.

(Original post by Bellissima)
    that is potentially very dangerous, hopefully with you you can clear whatever disease you have up, but imagine in the future, he could kill someone with poor hygiene. like the above poster said, report him. very serious issue.
    Thanks for your replies.

Can I report him anonymously?

And how can we be sure it's the needle or poor hygiene? Yes the dermatologist said she suspect it's the case, but I don't want to be harsh and unfair by giving 100% credit to a potential wrong judgment that might shut someone's business

ReputationRep:
    I've never done it but I see no reason why you shouldn't be able to report them anonymously if you so choose.

It is very important to have this raised in someway with the studio though, there are established systems which they should be adhering to in order to prevent the transmission of blood-borne pathogens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by destination unknown)
    Thanks for your replies.

Can I report him anonymously?

And how can we be sure it's the needle or poor hygiene? Yes the dermatologist said she suspect it's the case, but I don't want to be harsh and unfair by giving 100% credit to a potential wrong judgment that might shut someone's business
    someone will go round for an inspection, if there's not a problem then they are safe. if there is a hygiene problem then they have been putting peoples lives at risk to make money out of laziness and if their shop is shut down, it is deserved.

just ring up the council and ask to whom you should be speaking. then when you get through to that person just say you want it to be anonymous and see what they say.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.