Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I really want to get involved with public speaking competitions as I know it is something I will enjoy and is also an extra bonus to have on my CV, but my school doesn't take part in things like that so I want to know if there are any individual competitions out there.

Just so you know, I am 14 and at the end of year 9.

Thank you!

PS. I know this isn't a debate as such but it is still 'educational' which is why I have put this thread in this topic.

ReputationRep:
    When i was a bit older than you, i had the opportunity to take part in this so maybe try and get involved in that too? Great workshop improves both speaking and listening skills. Then a bit of competition on top is also good, i was a finalist. Communication skills are needed for everything these days, if you're good at it then your chances of getting employed increases. So give that a go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B18YLL)
    When i was a bit older than you, i had the opportunity to take part in this so maybe try and get involved in that too? Great workshop improves both speaking and listening skills. Then a bit of competition on top is also good, i was a finalist. Communication skills are needed for everything these days, if you're good at it then your chances of getting employed increases. So give that a go!
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.