Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys!

I've been trying to increase my calorie intake to gain some weight. (I have an insanely high metabolic rate meaning I can't put any weight on at all!! - This also means my gains at gym are very small/ you can't really tell the difference at all.. )

I was wondering if someone could help me with a weight gaining diet plan! Does anyone have a sample that I could try out please?

Just a quick note - the diet plan can't contain any Beef! I know it's an issue without beef but it has to be done =[

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys!!

ReputationRep:
    wish i was like that ! why dont you just eat junk all day everyday! i feel guilty after every bite of food i have! 15 and fat!

ReputationRep:
    I do eat Junk all day everyday! :P But I think that's the problem? I'm just not eating the right type of foods!!

ReputationRep:
    As long as the diet is sensible and covers all the bases - there aren't any special foods or anything.

Your metabolism isn't insanely high such that it prohibits you from gaining weight - I can almost guarantee that. There are professional athletes who train all day long and take certain compounds which mean they need to eat crazy amounts (like 7-10,000 Calories) to gain (or even maintain weight) and they manage it.

I am guessing the things you currently lack, are like most people, not knowledge but patience, consistency and perspective.

It sounds like you don't have any handle on how much you currently eat or what you need. The easiest way to get around this is to plan regular meals, stick to them as much as possible and monitor your weight and then keep increasing the portion sizes (and in extra feeds if need be) until you start gaining weight. It will take time, could even take a month or two depending on where you start but if you stick to it long enough, it will happen.

Until last year, I was always quite skinny and from the age of 16 until 26 - junk food and beer were 90% of my diet. The point was, I would feel stuffed after relatively small amounts or I would overeat one day and have no appetite the next.

Appetite is something that can be trained and adapted to like everything else - by sticking to a regular plan, you can increase your bodies ability to eat a lot of food without feeling sick.

ReputationRep:
    To gain weight try to have some nutritious food which gives you energy and help you to gain weight without having any fat masses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.